Fred Benson x Male!Reader ~ The Best Bookworm

I'm gonna post this one the right way lol.

*I DON'T OWN THIS GIF* *CREDIT TO GIF OWNER*

Pairing: Fred Benson x Male!Reader

Word Count: 1.5k

Warnings: None.  This one is all fluff!

Requested from my tumblr.

                                                                                        §

You are what most people would classify as a nerd. You enjoyed reading more than attending social events, didn't spend much time in afterschool activities, and definitely didn't bother with sports. A cookie-cutter "nerd." You preferred the term intellect, but what are you gonna do? Ever since high school, you spent most of your time at the library. It was a place of solitude for you. No one bothered you, and it was quiet, which allowed you to run away into your thoughts. But it was also where Fred Benson hung out.

Your feelings for Fred have been a growing wild thing since high school. Freshman year, to be exact. When, in Mrs. Hoffman's English class, Fred very confidently stood in front of the entire class and said that "These ones" wasn't proper English and that she was not fit to be teaching if she couldn't comprehend basic English. He got escorted out of the classroom, and with his exit, he took your heart with him. Ever since that day, you have been pining after Fred and doing everything in your power to see him. Which is why, presently, you were sitting at a table in the library pretending to read To Kill a Mockingbird.

It was hard to focus on the book when Fred was sitting with his own book, only two tables in front of you. Even though he was so close, you never went up to him. Instead, you opted to fawn over him from afar. And you would sit there for hours if time would allow, just staring at him. Everything about him was perfect. The way his silky hair fell over his forehead in a little swoop to the way his collared shirts were always so pristinely ironed. You even loved the scar that cut across his face. It was the one blemish on his face, and yet somehow, he seemed to make it beautiful.

You leaned your head into your hand and sighed. And at that moment, Fred looked up from his book and gave you a smile. Even though your heart leaped in your chest, you quickly averted your eyes. That's how it always went. You would stare unabashed, Fred would catch you and smile, then you would look away, suddenly incredibly embarrassed. It was like clockwork. But today was different. Instead of just continuing to read, you could see from your peripherals that he got up. Your heart was like a racehorse when you finally realized he was approaching you. Before you had any time to gather your things and bail, Fred was taking a seat in front of you. You could feel your breath catch in your throat. Up close, he was even more amazing. The sharp lines of his face looked as if he had been carved from stone. For someone so lanky, he looked angelic.

Your breathing felt labored as you sat across from the boy you've been pining after for years. He didn't say anything at first, just fumbling with his book's pages. But then he looked up and gave you a sweet smile.

"That's a really good read," he said, nodding toward the book in front of you. You couldn't seem to form a proper thought for what felt like minutes, but Fred was patient. He just held your nervous gaze until you dropped your eyes to the book he was holding.

"I didn't take you for a Stephen King kind of guy."

Fred's grin widened at your comment, and he shrugged, "I like a little thrill in my life."

The two of you shared a laugh before it went quiet again. It was a comfortable quiet. You didn't feel the need to fill it with unnecessary conversation, and you liked that.