Eddie Munson ~ Sonnet 18

*I DON'T OWN THIS IMAGE* *CREDIT TO IMAGE OWNER*

Pairing: Eddie Munson x Tall Male!Reader

Word Count: 3.9k

Warnings: Mild language.

a/n: If I told you all the kind of week I've been having you would probably not believe me.  But before I get into that, here it is, the Eddie Munson x Male!Reader requested by @Gay_mf_bish!!  I am so sorry this one took so long for me to get out, and I certainly hope that it is everything you wanted.  As you all know, I was traveling.  Well, the good news is I arrived safely.  The bad news is literally days after arriving, I get COVID.  I mean, it has been a whole whirlwind.  So, now I'm going through the worst part of this and have been feeling like I got hit by a train.  So, in short, I'm fighting for my life.  Anyway, I hope that everyone enjoys this one and can forgive me for taking so damn long to post it.  My next update will be that little sneak peek into my writing playlist, and then after that, I'll be posting a Steve Harrington oneshot!  As always, thank you all for the support!!!

§

Ms. O'Donnell droned on about Shakespeare and his impact on literature as you twirled your pencil between your fingers. Usually, you paid attention. In every class, you were an A+ student and were even projected to graduate in the top ten percent of your class. But when you got to Ms. O'Donnell's class, things were different. Although you enjoyed Shakespeare's works, your attention was captured by something much more interesting – a head full of perfectly sculpted ringlets and a denim vest that looked like it had been to war and back. You pulled your bottom lip between your teeth and propped your head in your hand. Sitting just a few seats in front of you was Eddie Munson, the kind of man that would make anyone want to write poetry.

Since elementary school, you had shared at least one class with Eddie. Which meant that your crush on the boy started at a very young age. But he never gave you a second glance. You had always assumed that, just like everyone else, he believed you to be the quiet weird kid simply because you had good grades and paid attention in school. But he didn't know the real you. The guy who drove a little too fast while blasting hard rock through the speakers of your beat-up Honda CRV. Eddie didn't know the guy who spent an hour every day after school lifting weights to sculpt his body into that of the Greek Gods. Eddie didn't know a thing. And instead of embarrassing yourself and making the first move, you resorted to side-long glances while passing the boy in the halls. That would just have to do. Because despite your confidence, you just couldn't bring yourself to ask Eddie on a date, let alone tell him how you felt about him.

You continued twirling your pencil as you stared at Eddie. It didn't matter how many times you saw the boy; you always found something new. It was like a game. And you were so invested in discovering something new about Eddie that you almost missed Ms. O'Donnell's statement.

"You will have the week to complete the project before presenting it next Monday."

Everyone let out a collective sigh that earned a chuckle from Ms. O'Donnell.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," she said, waving the class off. "But, lucky for all of you, this is a partner's project."

At that statement, you groaned while the rest of the class perked up in their seats. You were used to doing group projects by yourself, but that didn't mean you enjoyed it. Ms. O'Donnell smirked.

"But you don't get to choose your buddy. I do."

The hushed chatter silenced as everyone stared at Ms. O'Donnell. She walked to her desk and picked up a piece of paper. Then, slowly but surely, she began to work her way around the classroom, pairing people together. Here and there, a student would grumble in disdain at their partner while you waited in anticipation. Then, finally, Ms. O'Donnell looked up from her paper and looked right at you.