Steve Harrington Imagine Requested- My Little Buddy

*I DO NOT OWN ANY GIFS POSTED* *CREDIT TO GIF OWNERS*

Hello everyone!!  I promised an imagine and here it is!  This was a request by @DBM1912 from like forever ago, like LAST YEAR (lol bad dad joke I know) that I finally had the chance to write.  I apologize now for how long this imagine is lol I got a little carried away.  Anyway,  I mentioned some great songs, one is my all time favorite song like ever, can you guess which one??   I hope that you all enjoy it and feel free to send in requests or send in asks!!  Xx.

Pairing: Steve Harrington x Reader

Warnings: Mild language

BEEP! BEEP!  "Good morning Hawkins, Indiana!  It is another beautiful August morning on this sunny Monday.  What a way to start the week!  Here to start off your day is Tears For Fears with their hit song, "Everybody Wants to Rule the World".

You rolled over yawning and stretching out your limbs.  The remnants of the heat from your husband was still present on the sheets next to you.  A small smile pricked at the corners of your mouth as you let your fingertips graze the warm surface.  As you lay there, your eyes lifted to see a picture from your wedding day standing proudly on the nightstand.  A tingly feeling traveled from your toes to your pink cheeks.  That was the day you officially became Mrs. Harrington.

You and Steve met in high school when you moved to Hawkins in 9th grade.  He was the one who approached you.  Being the new kid meant you had no friends which also meant you ate lunch alone.  You sat by yourself, awkwardly eating your peanut butter and jelly sandwich, before Steve made his way over and confidently took a seat next to you.  He gave you a toothy smile, complimented your Styx shirt, and the rest was history.  Throughout the course of freshmen year, the two of you grew closer and closer.  As friends at first, but slowly the tides began to turn.  It started with lingering stares and shy smiles before progressing to soft "accidental" hand touches.  The summer before sophomore year, Steve finally built up enough nerve to ask you to be his girlfriend to which you happily said "Yes".  The rest of high school went by in a blur as you and Steve did everything together.  You went to every single one of his basketball games and he, begrudgingly, went to every single one of your debate matches.  Midway through senior year, Steve surprised you with a beautiful promise ring.  He slid it onto the finger that, today, holds your ravishing two carat diamond wedding ring.  By the time the both of you graduated high school, you knew Steve was the man you wanted to spend the rest of your life with.  Unsurprisingly enough, three days after your graduation, Steve got down on one knee, professed his love to you, and asked if you would marry him.  With tears in your eyes and excitement in your heart, you said "Yes".  Fast forward three years later, you and Steve are still happily married.  The two of you bought a house on the outskirts of Hawkins.  Steve, after obtaining his bachelor's degree, began working as a math teacher at Hawkins Middle School.  You went straight into the work force after high school and started working at the local grocery store as the general manager.  Simple living and the two of you couldn't be happier. 

You smiled as you chronicled your relationship in your head.  Your eyes moved to the alarm clock sitting next to the picture and you nearly screamed.

"Shit."  You whispered under your breath as you quickly fumbled out of bed.  Practically falling into the bathroom, you pulled on your khaki pants.

"Fuck.  Fuck.  Fuck."  You said in aggravation as you yanked your forest green polo over your head.  As you stood in the bathroom running a hair brush through your hair, you noticed the calendar hanging in your room.  A big red star was drawn under last Monday's date.  You let yourself ponder over it for a moment, but quickly forgot about it when you realized you were already ten minutes late.  Grabbing your purse and keys, you frantically made your way out the door and into your car before peeling out of your driveway.