Billy Hargrove Imagine Requested- A Quiet Life

*I DON'T OWN ANY GIFS POSTED* *CREDIT TO GIF OWNERS*

Well Happy New Year you guys!!! I'm so sorry this took me so long to write. I really wanted to make sure I wrote it right and I feel like I did a pretty damn good job haha. This was a request from my Tumblr  and is loosely based off the song "A Quiet Life" by Teho Teardo and Blixa Bargeld. I hope you enjoy this!! xx.

Pairing: Billy Hargrove x Reader

Warnings: Mild language

It was just a normal cool Monday in January as Y/N placed her cash in the register while the scent of brewing coffee danced around her. It was just a regular old busy New York morning as Billy casually made his way to the campus coffee shop. Neither of them knew that ordinary morning would be the beginning of something wonderful.

Y/N looked around and let out a sigh, "I can't believe we're not busy. It's cold outside and it's Monday." Megan, Y/N's co-worker, chuckled, "Y/N not everyone is like you. Some people can get through a cool Monday morning without a large coffee." Y/N gave her an annoyed look, "Oh be quiet." Megan stuck here tongue out at Y/N playfully as a tall handsome boy walked in. The two girls turned their attention to the stranger who had just entered their shop. He wasn't familiar to either of them, but he was attractive. His blonde curls fell onto his shoulders, his slightly unbuttoned shirt exposed his chest, and his tight jeans clung to his hips. Y/N and Megan stared at Billy in amazement. "Oh my gosh. He's beautiful." Megan said in a whisper. Y/N nudged her as the attractive boy walked up to the counter. Billy gave Y/N a dazzling smile and leaned onto the counter. Y/N nervously fixed her side ponytail as she gave her most casual smile. "Welcome to Carla's Coffee Shop, how can I help you?" Y/N said a little shaky. Billy chuckled a little, "Can I get a large coffee, please?" With sweaty palms, Y/N wrote down Billy's order. "Cream and sugar?" She asked without making eye contact. Billy nodded, "Both would be great." Y/N ripped the piece of paper from her notepad and handed it to Megan who began to brew the coffee. "That'll be $1.50." Y/N said finally looking up. Billy's bright blue eyes stared back at her causing her breath to catch in her throat. He smirked at her as he reached into his pocket and handed her a two-dollar bill. "Keep the change," he quickly looked down to her nametag, "Y/N." Unable to create a full sentence, Y/N simply nodded as she watched the handsome boy exit the store.

The rest of the day, although business had picked up, Y/N had to listen to Megan swoon over the handsome stranger from that morning. "I mean did you see his ass!?" Megan said loud enough for the old lady Y/N was helping to hear. The woman gave Megan a disgusted look as she was handed her coffee. Y/N chuckled, "Megan, how about you watch the language?" Megan shook her head, "Okay, did you see his rear end? It was so perky... and round. I wonder how many squats I have to do to get that kind of jiggle." Y/N laughed and took a seat behind the counter as Megan continued. "Oh man and the way his shirt was unbuttoned showing off his chest. Did you get a look? Ugh, let me tell you, it was gorgeous. And his hair! Those bouncy blonde curls were so perfect. Oh, and did you see his eyes? All blue and shiny. God, what I would do for a man like that." Megan swooned before finally taking a seat next to Y/N. Y/N gave Megan's shoulder a squeeze, "Megan, I'm sure he's not one in a million. There will be another guy just like him." Megan gave Y/N a pout before looking to the clock and standing up to lock the door. "Go ahead and cash out. I'll clean up and then we can go." Megan said as she walked to the glass door and flipped the sign hanging on it to "Closed". Y/N cashed out her register before her and Megan stepped into the cool night. "See you tomorrow?" Megan asked with raised eyes. Y/N nodded, "Yeah, see you tomorrow." The two girls waved goodbye before each going their separate ways.

The next morning, Y/N awoke and quickly got dressed. She slipped into a pair of acid wash jeans, her Van Halen tour shirt, and black converse before throwing on her denim jacket. Grabbing an apple and her backpack, Y/N was soon out the door and heading to the campus. She lived alone in a small apartment about a mile from the campus. Every morning she enjoyed her walk in the crisp winter air to class. As she walked down the sidewalk to the school building, she took in her surroundings. The trees around her were bare as the leaves pooled around their stumps. All the grass was brown and crunchy from the cold air. Caught up in the beauty of her environment, Y/N did not see the person walking towards her. Before she could move out of the way, she ran right into a rather hard chest. "Ow!" She shouted as she stumbled a little before gaining her footing again. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Y/N said as she readjusted her jacket. When she finally looked up, a familiar pair of blue eyes was staring back at her. A wide grin spread onto Billy's lips, "It's no problem, I should have been more careful. Are you alright?" Y/N was at a loss for words again as she stood frozen in front of the boy from the coffee shop. Billy stared at her and waited patiently for her to answer. "Um," she began shaking her head, "yeah. I'm fine, thank you for asking." Billy nodded, "No biggie." Y/N looked at the boy standing in front of her noticing the backpack slung over his left shoulder. She tilted her head to the side, "Do you go to college here?" Billy chuckled, "Did the backpack give it away?" Y/N let out a laugh and smiled, "Are you new here? I've never seen you around." Billy nodded, "Yeah, this is my first semester." Y/N looked at Billy again, but before she could say anything he spoke. "My name is Billy by the way. Your Y/N, right? I remember you from the coffee shop." A smile crept onto Y/N's lips, "Nice to meet you Billy and yeah, from yesterday." Billy nodded at her comment, but didn't say anything in return. The two of them stood in silence for a moment before Y/N finally spoke. "Where are you heading?" Y/N asked. "I'm going to the "D" building. You?" Billy asked. Y/N smiled, "Me too. Mind if I walk with you?" Billy shook his head, "Not at all." The two of them began their trek together as they continued to talk. Conversation just flowed naturally between them. Almost as if they had known each other forever, like they were meant to meet. The walk ended too soon as they finally arrived at the building. "It was really nice talking with you." Y/N said with a light laugh. Billy gave her a genuine smile, "Yeah, it was. I'll see you around." Y/N nodded her head before walking away towards her class.