Gareth ~ Wonder Woman

*I DON'T OWN THIS GIF* *CREDIT TO GIF OWNER*

Pairing: Gareth x Tall Fem!Reader

Word Count: 2.7k

Warnings: Mild language. Mentions of bullying. 

a/n:  This was requested by @AnnaBananana123 I hope this is what you wanted!  I have never written for a tall reader, and this is obviously my first Gareth imagine, but I enjoyed writing this!  My next post will be a Billy request, so stay tuned for that.  Thank you as always for the likes and comments.  I don't get to read all of your comments, but the ones I get the chance to glance at either make me laugh or want to cry from being so appreciative.  You all have no idea how much it all means to me.  I sincerely hope you enjoy reading this one!  Remember, my requests are open, but it may take me a while to get to any new ones.  If you don't mind the wait, go ahead and send them in!  Love you all!!

§

The shrill bell releasing you from your final class of the day rang through the halls. You stood from your desk and exited the room. The halls were filled with students rushing off to their after-school activities. But not you. You were just trying to make your escape to Gareth's house as quickly and quietly as possible. That was usually a hard thing to do for you, considering you towered over half the student body at Hawkins High. As you walked down the hall, wandering eyes continued to find you. You did your best to keep your head down, but you couldn't ignore the whispers and snickers as you passed. You just lowered your head a little further and trudged forward, thinking of the one person who had never cared about your height – Gareth.

You had known Gareth since you were babies. Your mothers were childhood best friends who had dreamt of their kids growing up together since they were little girls. Lucky for them, that is exactly what happened. The two of them got married days apart, got houses blocks apart, and almost exploded when they found out their due dates were only months apart. You really didn't have a choice when it came to Gareth. Your mother had you over at their house almost daily when you were younger. But you got lucky when it turned out that Gareth was easy to get along with and, as you got older, became very easy on the eyes.

You didn't think too much of Gareth until middle school rolled around. That was when puberty hit him like a train. The once dorky little boy who always gelled his hair suddenly learned how to play the drums and discovered how to take care of his curls. Your platonic feelings fell away, replaced with a fast-beating heart and sweaty palms anytime you were near him. Your feelings didn't reach a boiling point until the summer before eighth grade when he somehow convinced Corroded Coffin to play the song he wrote for you. He dragged you to his house, where the rest of the band was set up and ready to play. You sat down in the single chair he had set out and listened as Gareth played his way deeper and deeper into your heart. Fast forward four years, and now you were head-over-heels for your childhood best friend, and he had no idea.

You finally made your way out of the school, lifting your head and regaining your perky posture again. You floated down the sidewalk like a gazelle, minding your own business, when you heard Jason's taunting voice.

"What's the matter?" He said, "Not so big and tough without the rest of your little freak friends?"

You heard a little shuffle and assumed Jason was already seconds away from physically abusing his victim.

"Can't stand up for yourself? Huh? You gonna do something or what?"

You let out a low groan. It wasn't unusual for Jason to terrorize the less popular people at Hawkins High, but that didn't make it incredibly annoying to hear or deal with. You continued moving forward, Jason's words growing louder with each step. But when the sound of a familiar voice came, you stopped.