Billy Hargrove Imagine - Something Special

* I DON'T OWN ANY GIFS POSTED* *CREDIT TO THE GIF OWNERS*

Okay, sooo it's been a FAT minute since I've posted something. Being a full-time college student is just absolute shit. I know I have so many requests that I still haven't written, but I needed to get my inspiration to write again back. I am hoping that I will get to some of the requests while I have this short break before my next classes start up again. However, I may end up writing another Billy imagine just so I can get my creative juices flowing, so stay tuned. I really hope that you all enjoy this. Please let me know your thoughts in the comments!!

Warnings: Mild language 

Pairing: Billy Hargrove x Reader

                                                                                ____________________

I clenched and unclenched my hands as I stared at the Blue Camaro parked in the driveway. Why Ms. Williams paired me with Max Mayfield, of all the middle schoolers in this rundown town, I had no idea. The stupid "Big Sister" program was straight bullshit anyway, but there I was, sitting in my car perched in front of the Hargrove/Mayfield residence. I blew out a long breath before getting out of my seat and walking to their front door.

Standing on the other side of the wooden door, I could hear Ratt blasting through the house. I tried my best to ignore it as I knocked three times. It wasn't long before the door flew open to reveal the one person I was hoping would not be present during the visit. Sweat beaded on his forehead, causing his golden hair to stick together. He was wearing a worn white tank top that clung to his toned chest. Without even meaning to, my eyes took in every inch of him.

Billy was what most people called "popular." Ever since he arrived in Hawkins, he had everyone turning their heads. I mean, honestly, it was hard not to. He quickly fell in with the "in-crowd," and gained the title of "King of Hawkins." Billy was the guy every girl wanted, and the person every guy wanted to be. He was the complete opposite of me. I was the quiet, good girl who got paid to write other people's English papers. I always listened in class and was always home by curfew. Although there were many parties thrown, I was never in attendance. I never once thought for a second Billy would know who I was. But, he did.

Billy raised his eyebrows, and a small smirk fell onto his lips.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here, Y/N."

Heat rose to my cheeks as I came back to reality.

"Yeah, well, same."

Billy let out a chuckle,

"I live here."

I shut my eyes tightly, completely regretting opening my mouth. I shook my head and brought my eyes to meet his again.

"Right, um, sorry. I know."

He was amused at my inability to articulate my scrambled thoughts, but he was patient.

"I'm here for Max. I got paired as her mentor through the Big Sister program. We had a meeting today to talk about...girl things."

His eyebrows rose again.

"Well, Y/N, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Max isn't here."

My stomach turned as embarrassment enveloped me. The red hue returned to my cheeks, and my eyes widened. I stood motionless and mute in front of Billy as he watched me.

"Okay," I finally said, "I guess I'll just go then."

I quickly turned to leave and got halfway to my car when Billy spoke again, stopping me in my tracks.