Steve Harrington ~ A Sweet Distraction

*I DON'T OWN THIS GIF* *CREDIT TO GIF OWNER*

Pairing: Steve Harrington x Wheeler Fem!Reader

Word Count: 3.2k

Warnings: Mild language. Kind of spoilers for S4.

a/n: This was requested from my Tumblr. It's been a while since I wrote for Steve, but I had fun doing this one. I did take some liberties with the story by putting Steve back in high school. Requests are still open.  I do have quite a bit of requests to get through, but as long as you don't mind waiting for something, I am happy to write for you.  Thank you all for the love!!

§

You sat at your desk, fighting to keep your eyes open.  The math equations on the chalkboard all seemed to blend together, and class hadn't even started yet.  You sighed and ran your hands over your face.  For the past four days, you had been having bad dreams.  But not just any bad dreams; you'd been having night terrors.  Dreams that seemed so real that you were crying and in a cold sweat when you woke up.  The dreams were so bad that you actually dreaded going to sleep every night.  It was to the point where you were staying awake until your body crashed.  But then the nightmares stopped only coming at night.  You started seeing and hearing the steady tick of a grandfather clock.  You didn't tell anyone.  Instead, you just came to the conclusion that you were probably hallucinating from the lack of sleep, or at least you hoped that's all it was. 

            You rubbed your eyes before looking up and seeing Steve enter the classroom.  Even though you felt like you hadn't slept in about a week, your body suddenly became very alert.  You knew Steve for as long as you could remember, but it wasn't until a couple years ago that you started seeing more of him.  He started hanging out with your little brother, Mike, and his friends.  At first, you thought it was a little odd that a teenager was hanging with a couple of middle schoolers, but you quickly pushed that thought away.  You hadn't said two words to the boy.  You were just happy to catch a glimpse of him and earn a smile in passing.  When you found out you shared the same math class at the beginning of senior year, you almost exploded.  And when Steve sat next to you on the first day and actually said hello, you nearly fell out of your chair.  You were mid-way through the school year now, and still, your only interactions were about Mrs. Anderson's trigonometry quizzes. 

            Steve maneuvered through the desks until he was sitting at the desk next to you.  He looked perfect.  His hair was combed and styled with enough volume to make half the girls in the school jealous.  He was handsome, whereas you probably looked like an extra from Return of the Living Dead.  Steve hung his backpack on the back of his chair before turning to you.  Your tired stare was trying to focus on the chalkboard, but you could feel Steve's eyes boring into you. 

            "Hey," he said, causing you to turn your attention to him, "are you feeling alright?"

            He leaned a little closer to get a better look at you, but you quickly turned back to the front of the room.

            "Yeah, yeah," you said, waving him off, "I'm just tired.  I didn't get much sleep last night."

            "Nightmares?"

            The single word had your back straightening.  You hadn't told anyone about what you had been dealing with.  No one knew a thing.  You snapped your head to face Steve again, and he jumped back a little at the sudden movement. 

            "What did you just say?"  The question came off a bit harsher than you wanted, but you couldn't help the hope that bubbled up inside you.  Steve put his hands up in surrender and leaned back in his chair.