Steve Harrington ~ The Feelings are Mutual

*I DON'T OWN THIS GIF* *CREDIT TO GIF OWNER*

Pairing: Steve Harrington x Wheeler Fem!Reader

Word Count: 7.1k

Warnings: S3 SPOILERS.  Mentions of blood and violence.  Language.

a/n: This was a very long request from my Tumblr.  Don't worry.  This is only part one lol.  Again, I went a little crazy with the word count, so please don't mind that.  Anyway, I hope I did this request justice and can't wait to write part two.  So, my next post will be *insert dramatic pause* an Eddie Munson smut!  I'm sure you are all going to be looking forward to that one lol.  Because I've been writing much longer one shots, it has been taking me a little longer to get through the requests.  So, I apologize for that.  Just hang in there!  I'm working as fast as I can lol.  As always, thank you for the support, and I hope you all enjoy this one!

 §

The screams emanating from Robin, Dustin, Erica, and yourself bounced off the walls of what you are now learning is actually an elevator and not a room. You were plummeting toward God knows what at God knows what speed. Of course, none of you knew what you were getting into when you decided to enter the room, but you definitely didn't think you'd be falling to your death.

You looked around at the group. Robin was backed up against the metal shelves, clutching to whatever she could get her hands on. Erica was doing her best to steady herself on the table in the center of the room. Dustin was pressed up against the wall, screeching. And you and Steve were standing next to one another, holding onto the other table that was perched in the center of the room. Your hand subconsciously found Steve's, and you grabbed ahold of him like your life depended on it.

"We're going down! We're going down!" Steve shouted.

Robin turned to face him and yelled, "Yeah, no shit, Harrington!"

The sound of the elevator falling was like something out of a movie. Metal grinding against metal creating a high-pitched squeal. Your ears felt like they were about to bleed from how loud it was. But you didn't care about that. All you cared about was not getting crushed when the elevator inevitably finished its rapid descent. Your breathing was uneven, and your anxiety started to get the best of you.

"Somebody do something, damn it!" You screamed, looking at everyone in the room.

Dustin started smacking the buttons on the wall.

"Why don't these buttons work!?" He finally yelled when nothing worked.

You just shook your head and started to groan.

"I knew I shouldn't have gotten a job at the damn mall. I just knew it. You looked at Steve's panic-ridden face. "But I let you talk me into it, Steve, and now look where we are. Hurtling straight to hell!"

Steve opened his mouth to retort, but before he got the chance, the elevator came to a violent halt, sending you and Steve to the floor. Your body was half on Steve's as he was folded up between the table and the wall. He let out a pained moan.

"My groin," he said, his voice strained, "You're on my groin."

You peeled yourself off Steve's body and gave an embarrassed smile.

"Sorry."

His breaths were coming out in short puffs as he stood up. You leaned against the wall trying to regain some of your composure as Steve shoved Dustin out of the way and started smacking the buttons.

"Steve," Robin began, throwing her hands in the air, "I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work."

Steve whipped his head around to look at her. The cool, calm, and collected Steve you were so used to seeing was gone. In his place was a frantic and manic Steve, who was desperate to get out of the small room. His eyes were wide, and he heaved out a sigh.