Eddie Munson ~ A Well Deserved Apology

* I DON'T OWN THIS IMAGE* *CREDIT TO IMAGE OWNER*

Pairing: Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader

Word Count: 2.6k

Warnings: Mild language and very little angst

a/n: This was requested by @Fontaine3224 I hope this is what you wanted!  So, as you all very well know by now, I like to mention bands and songs in my imagines.  I typically try to help expose you all to some stuff you may not know, but other times I have mentioned bands that are pretty well known.  Well, most of the artists I mention are classic rock or hair bands.  I decided to go a different way with this imagine.  I mention a group named Freestyle.  They are considered "electronic," but really it's really like 80s club music.  They were played a lot in the skating rinks and are really good.  Go check them out because their music is pretty fun and very 80s.  I thank you all again for the support and hope you all enjoy this one!  Stay tuned for another Eddie imagine next!!

§

The hands on the clock ticked by slowly. You watched them intensely, waiting for them to signal the end of the school day. You couldn't help the excitement that was a wild thing inside of you. It had been weeks, and now it had finally arrived, the day of the Freestyle concert. You called the local radio station every day, sometimes even at inconvenient places, until you finally won the two tickets. When the radio host told you the tickets were yours, you almost fell out. You were ecstatic. You could barely hold yourself together the next day when you told your boyfriend that he had to go with you. Of course, it took you a couple of days of begging because Eddie Munson was not going to a Freestyle concert willingly. But once he said he would go, you were nearly jumping off the walls.

You and Eddie were an unlikely pair. Eddie was a full-blown metalhead. He didn't enjoy mainstream music and would rather be inside playing D&D or practicing his favorite songs on his guitar. He wore leather jackets and black jeans that had rips in them. He was not your usual type, and neither were you his. You were the polar opposite of him. You enjoyed listening to pop music. You spent most of your time at the skating rink perfecting your shuffle skate, and you had an array of colors in your wardrobe.

The two of you met by total accident. One night you and your friends stumbled across his band playing at The Hideout, and you decided to go in. Your friends weren't into it, but it was too late. You had already been captivated by Eddie and his fast-moving fingers and couldn't keep your eyes off him. Your friends left, but you stayed and watched the rest of his set while also trying to avoid being hit on by the five drunks that were also listening. When they were finished, Eddie hopped off the stage and approached you. The two of you hit it off, and the rest was history.

The bell rang, finally releasing you for the day, and you had to do everything in your power to not sprint out of the school. You made your way out of the building and toward your car. When you reached the vehicle, you switched your backpack for an overnight bag. This trip had been planned for weeks. You were going to leave your car at the school, and Eddie was going to drive his van. Instead of paying for a hotel, Eddie was going to clean up the van, and the two of you were going to spend the night there after the concert. It wasn't ideal, but it was the cheapest option, and you didn't mind, as long as you were with Eddie.

You walked as casually as you could toward Eddie's van, trying not to look like a total freak. As you approached his vehicle, you could see Eddie standing by the passenger side door. His head was down, and his fingers were attacking his watch band. You could sense that something was a little off, but the overwhelming anticipation of the concert pushed everything in your mind away.