Eddie Munson ~ My Guardian Angel

*I DON'T OWN THIS IMAGE* *CREDIT TO IMAGE OWNER*

Pairing: Eddie Munson x Fem!Reader

Word Count: 3.5k

Warnings: Language and mentions of verbal and physical abuse

a/n: This was requested by @Madi13Teague I hope you enjoy this!!  So, I will say that if you are a Steve lover, you may want to just brush by this imagine lol.  He is definitely not painted in a good light in this one.  But on a more serious note, this imagine does mention verbal and physical abuse.  I may not know firsthand what it feels like to deal with this, but I have seen how abuse affects people.  I saw it with several people I care deeply about and want everyone to know that no one deserves to feel like that.  No one deserves to go through that.  Whether it be child or abuse from a significant other, no one should have to deal with that.  So, if you are dealing with abuse, please know that you are not alone, and you can get help.  There are people out there and resources that can and will help you.  So, please, please, please go get help.  If you know someone who is dealing with abuse, you take the step for them and find them help.  Do your part and make sure they know they are never ever alone.  I am always available to talk if you need someone who isn't so close to the situation.  Thank you all for all the support.  I really appreciate it.  I hope you enjoy this one.  My next post will be a Billy Hargrove imagine with a Munson!Reader.  So, be ready for that!

§

The quiet hum of your air conditioner filled the room. You stood shirtless in front of your mirror, staring at the blue and purple marks littering your skin. Your fingers lightly outlined each spot, remembering each instance when Steve's hands found themselves on you in a less than affectionate manner. You touched the most recent mark and winced a little at the sharp pain from the little pressure your fingers provided. Your eyes crawled over your beaten and battered body for another moment before sighing and pulling your shirt over your head, forgetting again about the pain your boyfriend was causing you.

You moved around your room, finishing getting ready for your night. Eddie would be there any minute with movies to watch, and you didn't want to keep him waiting. The two of you had been doing this since you were kids. It was like a ritual at this point. Every Friday night, Eddie would go to your house after renting an ungodly number of movies, and the two of you would run through them while eating way too much junk food. When you were younger, those evenings you spent with Eddie were just a fun little thing. But now, it was the only time you actually felt peace in your life.

It wasn't always like this. At first, Steve wasn't even on your radar. Growing up with Eddie meant that, even though you did your best to avoid it, you inevitably developed feelings for the boy. He was your best friend, and you spent almost all your time together. It was kind of hard to not catch feelings. But, after years of secretly falling head over heels for your best friend, you came to the conclusion that he didn't feel the same way. He never made a move and, in your mind, never let on that he reciprocated your sentiments. So, you suppressed everything you felt for Eddie and reluctantly moved on. And the person whose arms you fell into was none other than Steve Harrington.

In the beginning, Steve was soft, sweet, good, and kind. He took care of you and made you laugh. Even before you two started dating, you always liked him. Being friends with Nancy meant that, while they were dating, you spent a lot of time with her and Steve. You knew he was a genuine guy. He was someone that everyone liked and never had a bad word for. You liked him. But when you told Eddie, he more than despised the idea of you with Steve. He scoffed at you and said, "No one is that good of a guy, Y/N." You just ignored him, brushing his comment off, thinking he was just jealous he had to share his best friend with another person. At first, your feelings for Steve were platonic, but when Nancy broke up with him, you two got closer. Slowly but surely, your platonic feelings morphed into something more romantic. You could tell that Steve liked you too, and after months of prancing around the subject, Steve finally broke down and asked you to be his girlfriend, and you obviously accepted.