Robin Buckley ~ The Drive-In

*I DON'T OWN THIS IMAGE* *CREDIT TO IMAGE OWNER*

Pairing: Robin Buckley x Fem!Reader

Word Count: 2.4k

Warnings: None

a/n: This was requested by @remuslupinswifeyy I hope I did your request justice!  I just want to thank everyone for reading, liking, and commenting on my stuff.  All I'm gonna say is you all have to stop embarrassing me with my old stuff lol.  That stuff was written over five years ago before I even got a degree and knew how to properly write.  Every comment I see roasting me, I literally cringe lol.  But I still hope you all are enjoying reading that trash!  I am happy to say that the next post I make will be, insert dramatic drumroll, part two to The Adventurer and the Dungeon Master!!!!!  I know how much you all have been wanting me to write this, and I know you've been waiting.  I'll start outlining it tonight and hopefully have it up in the next couple of days!  As usual, my requests are still open, but it will take me a while to get to any new ones.  If you don't mind the wait, go ahead and message me!  Thanks again for all the support.  You all are so amazing!!

§

You shoved your hands into your pockets as you walked up to the Family Video. This had become your new hangout, and it was not because Steve Harrington worked there. It was because Robin Buckley did. Even though you never admitted it aloud to anybody, you had a huge crush on her. It started years ago as a little thing but grew until your feelings for her were untamable. At first, you tried to avoid her, afraid of exposing yourself. But that didn't last long. Soon you were attending high school sporting events just to see her in her little band uniform. Then she got a job at Scoops Ahoy, and you went to the ice cream parlor every day. In the summer of 1985, you probably had more ice cream than actual food. When she started working at Family Video, you started showing up there. You were slowly making your way through each genre of movie, ensuring that you always had a reason to visit her at work.

Today was no different as you approached the door. She and Steve Harrington were standing at the counter in the center of the store when you entered. The little bell above the door signaled your entrance, and their conversation immediately stopped. You gave a little nod and waved as you made your way toward the Sci-Fi section of the store. Your fingers slid across the VHS tapes, but you weren't paying attention to what you were touching. Instead, your eyes were fixed on Robin and the way her bangs bounced over her forehead when she moved to wipe down the counter. You grabbed a tape, pretending to be interested in the movie, when you heard Steve start talking.

"Why don't you just ask her out?" His voice was low, but you could still pick up what he was saying.

"Because," Robin said, "what if she's not, you know, into me?"

You put the tape you had in your hands back and grabbed another, feigning fascination. Steve let out a dry laugh.

"Are you blind? She's not coming in here for the movies, Robin."

Your eyes shot up at his comment. You surveyed the store to make sure you were the only person there, and your heart swelled when you realized it was only the three of you.

"Just ask her to go out tonight," Steve said, earning a squeak from Robin.

"Tonight!? Are you nuts?"

"There's a drive-in going on at Lincoln Park tonight. Take her."

You put the tape back and slowly started moving toward the counter.

"I don't have a car, Steve."

"But I do," you said as you came to a halt in front of them.