Billy Hargrove Imagine - Songbird

* I DON'T OWN ANY GIFS POSTED* *CREDIT TO ALL GIF OWNERS*

Here is another Billy imagine!!  I cannot tell you how much I enjoy writing for his character.  This was an imagine requested from my Tumblr.  So, I mentioned two really AMAZING songs in this one.  One is "Lay It Down" by Ratt, my personal fav Ratt song, and "Songbird" by Fleetwood Mac, also my fav song by them.  Yes, the Fleetwood Mac song has some significance because it is the title of this piece.  Take a listen to both while you read, or not, but you should definitely check them out.  I hope you enjoy!!! Xx.

Warnings: Mild language (literally its one word, but still)

Pairing: Billy Hargrove x Choir!Reader

 ______________________________________________________________________________

You watched him stand with confidence as he told his story. His shoulders rolled back, puffing his chest out just slightly. His arms made a large gesture causing the crowd of people around him to erupt with laughter. You didn't know what he was saying, you never did, and you probably never would.

Billy Hargrove was the King of Hawkins, and notoriously known as the town flirt. He was beautiful, funny, and way out of your league. Billy was a part of the "cool kids," and you, with the lack of a better description, were a part of the "band and choir geeks." You hated labels, but you knew the one that was given to you was accurate. Although you weren't welcome in Billy's clique, that didn't stop you from crushing on him and crushing hard. From the moment he moved to Hawkins, you fell head-over-heels. You loved his cool car and the way he drove way too fast in the parking lot. You liked the way he ran his fingers through his hair in an attempt to tame his messy curls. You couldn't get enough of him. Everything about Billy was perfect, but you would never tell him that. Instead, for months, you settled on loving him from a distance and keeping your dignity. Things drastically changed one day after choir practice.

You and your duet partner, Sarah, walked out of the school building and headed toward the parking lot.

"So, I was thinking of asking Ms. Harold if we can change the key. I think F sharp Minor would fit us better, you know?"

You fixed your backpack and slowly nodded and hummed a little in the new key.

"It is easier to hit the notes in that key."

The two of you laughed in unison before Sarah veered away from you.

"I'll ask her. See you tomorrow, Y/N."

You gave her a wave goodbye and walked to your car. The sad piece of metal sat perfectly in the parking spot. Opening the squeaky door, you threw your bag in the passenger seat and hopped in. You stuck the key in the ignition and gave it a turn, but nothing happened.

"Oh, please not now," you begged your 1973 Chevy Nova. Rubbing the dashboard, you gave the key another turn.

"Come on, baby, work!"

The engine clicked a couple of times before going quiet again. You let out an annoyed grunt and turned the key once more. The same clicking noise filled your ears, followed by a puff of smoke coming from under your hood. Your eyes widened before you jumped out of the car. You looked at your smoking car and grabbed your head in disbelief.

"Great, I just set my car on fire. Awesome job, Y/N. Seriously, way to go."

As you stared at the smoke creeping out the sides of your closed hood, you heard someone approach you. When you turned around, your chest clenched.