Steve Harrington ~ My Protector

*I DON'T OWN THIS IMAGE* *CREDIT TO IMAGE OWNER*

Pairing: Steve Harrington x Fem!Reader

Word Count: 2.1k

Warnings: None

a/n: This was requested from my Tumblr.  Just a little protective Steve lol.  Thanks again for all the likes and comments.  I know I say it every time, but I mean it.  Your support really means the world to me.  The next three posts I make will be Eddie imagines, so be ready!!  As always, my requests are open, but it will take a while to get to any new ones.  I have over fifteen to still get through, just to put it into perspective.  So, if you don't mind waiting, go ahead and message me.  I appreciate the patience of those who have requested.  I am working as fast as I can to get them out for you all.  Thanks again, everyone.  You all are awesome!!

§

You finished your last lap around the track, your chest heaving as you tried to control your breathing. Sweat clung to your red sports bra and black spandex, dripping from the tight clothing onto the bare skin of your waist and arms. You took a minute to cool off before gathering your bag and heading toward the gym. When you entered the lobby, you could hear the squeak of sneakers on the wooden basketball court. You walked up to the door and peeked through the little glass window, a smile coming to your lips. You could see your boyfriend, Steve, through the sweaty bodies bouncing off one another.

You had known Steve for a while. In fact, for the longest time, you were his math tutor. But after several months of meeting up to work on geometry, Steve actually asked you to hang out with him outside of school. You were a little skeptical at first, but eventually, you gave in. That went on for a while, the two of you slowly creating a friendship that inevitably grew into your crush on him. At the time, Steve was dating Nancy, and you envied her. But, one night, when your parents were out, your phone rang, and it was Steve. He said he didn't know who else to call except you. Nancy had broken up with him. You didn't hesitate to jump in your car and drive to his house. You spent the night there, comforting Steve until he was laughing and showing off his award-winning smile again. It wasn't long after that when Steve finally asked you out on a proper date. Then, a month after that, you two were officially a couple.

Since then, you two have been practically inseparable. You knew all about the Upside Down and nearly had a heart attack when you found out Steve had tried to fight off the Demodogs with a baseball bat. You were there when he dropped Dustin off at his middle school dance, and you made fun of him the rest of the way home for acting like a proud soccer mom. It had been months now, and you couldn't be happier.

You watched as Billy dribbled the ball. He was saying something, but you couldn't hear it through the large doors. Steve was moving his feet, trying to cut him off until Billy body checked him to the floor. A little yelp escaped you at the contact, but you didn't move. Instead, you watched as Billy walked up to Steve, took his hand, said something, then shoved him back down. You couldn't help the slight surge of anger that pulsed through you. Steve stayed on the floor for another minute, but when he got up, he looked at the door. You raised your hand in a weak wave, and he just used his head to motion toward the locker room. You gave a quick nod before rushing off toward the entrance.

You meandered around for a minute to make sure there weren't any teachers or other onlookers, then hurried through the door. When you entered, Steve was already sitting on one of the benches unlacing his sneakers. He looked up when you came into view and gave a warm smile.

"Hey, babe. How was your workout?"

You made your way further into the room. It wasn't the first time you had been in the men's locker room. You would frequently meet Steve there after his basketball practices. But it still always surprised you how disgusting it was. You stepped over a mysterious liquid on the floor and tilted your head left and right.