Eddie Munson ~ My Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy

*I DON'T OWN THIS IMAGE* *CREDIT TO IMAGE OWNER* 

Pairing: Eddie Munson x Singer Fem!Reader

Word Count: 3.6k

Warnings: Mild language

a/n: This was requested by @femalegoon_92. I had fun writing this and using some different songs than I usually would.  So, I hope this is what you wanted!  The request was to use Queen's "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy," so I mentioned that song.  But I also mentioned "I'm Every Woman" by Chaka Khan (an absolute fucking QUEEN) and "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath (need I say anything about this band?  10/10).  So, if you don't know any of these songs, you should totally check them out because they're great.  Anyway, I mention "present day" in this one, and just so we are all on the same page, that is 1986, obviously not 2022.  My next post will be part two of A Sweet Distraction!!!  I know how much you all wanted that one.  Look for that, and as always, thanks for the support and follows!

§

Hawkins Middle School Auditorium – 1978

You peeked around the curtain and looked out into the packed auditorium. There were so many people you couldn't even find your parents. You leaned against the wall and sighed. How did you let your parents convince you to sing in the stupid talent show? You didn't do these kinds of things. You spent your time in your room singing along to your records or the radio. You weren't popular, and you certainly didn't like attention. But there you were, standing just off the stage, waiting for your turn. A group of boys started to enter the stage from the opposite side. You recognized them as they situated themselves by their instruments. Gareth was on the drums, Jeff was holding one of the guitars, and Eddie was holding the other guitar. A woman stepped onto the stage and grabbed the microphone.

"Well, wasn't Miss Chrissy Cunningham just darling? Yes, well up next is a group of boys who love to rock and roll. Please, put your hands together for Corroded Coffin!"

The woman quickly jogged off stage before Eddie started strumming the beginning of "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath. When the whole band joined in, the crowd started to go wild. For a couple of middle schoolers, they were fantastic. You couldn't help how your jaw dropped as Eddie played the guitar. It was effortless as if it was just an extension of his body, not a separate instrument. His fingers glided over the neck of his guitar like it was second nature. And none of them missed a beat. It was like you were listening to a tiny version of Black Sabbath. You watched as they jumped around the stage, laughing and singing the entire time. Then Eddie stepped to the front of the stage and started shredding out the guitar solo. You looked out to the crowd and noticed several girls you went to school with fangirling in the front row.

Everyone was on their feet, and when the song finally came to a close, the place erupted with applause. The boys all moved to the front of the stage and bowed before exiting the stage toward you. They slid by you, bouncing with the adrenaline from just performing. You swallowed hard and could feel your stomach twisting. You were next, and you didn't know how you could go after that performance. The woman from before stepped back onto the stage with her saccharine smile spread across her face.

"Those boys really know how to rock, don't they? Okay, up next, we have Miss Y/N, who is going to be singing a song for us. Put your hands together, everyone."

She set the microphone on the stand and rushed off stage, but you didn't replace her immediately. Suddenly, your legs felt like they couldn't move, and you were sure if you went out onto that stage, you would vomit everywhere. You thought of just running. The exit wasn't too far from where you were standing. No one would really care if you didn't perform. But then a cool hand landed on your shoulder, and you quickly turned to see who it belonged to. When you swiveled around, you were met with two big brown eyes staring at you. Your lips parted just slightly, but you didn't say anything. Evidently, it wasn't just your legs that decided to stop working. Eddie gave you a small smile.