Matching Bracelets: Eddie Munson

"You like my bracelet Henderson?" Eddie asked Dustin who had been staring at the chunk of silver for the last twenty minutes. 

"I do... it just looks a lot like the one our friend Serafina wears." Dustin said making Eddie stop eating because he hadn't heard that name in ages.

"She's in town?" Eddie asked because the last time he saw you was in middle school before you moved to California and you two lost touch. 

"Yeah she moved back over the summer, I think she mentioned something about taking care of her grandpa." Mike said shrugging his shoulders as Eddie sat there processing the info about his first true love being back. 

"Did you ever ask her about the bracelet?" Eddie asked after a few minutes. 

"Yeah, all she says is that someone special gave it to her a long time ago and if you wanted to know she lives next door to Mike." Dustin said. 

Eddie nodded his head as he couldn't believe that she was back after all these years. The two of them had been best friends before with Eddie being a year ahead of her, but promising to show her the ropes when she got to high school. He remembers how heartbroken he was when learned that she was moving because of her mom's new job and he remembers giving her the bracelet as a way to confess his feeling without really doing so. 

"That way we'll always be together and you won't forget me." He said clasping the bracelet around your wrist. 

"As if I could ever forget you, Eddie. I'm going to miss you." You said wrapping your arms around him slowly fighting the tears. 

"I'm going to miss you sweetheart." He said tightening his grip on you as he fought his own tears. 

Eddie was nervous, to say the least as he stood by the van waiting for Dustin and Mike to get her. I mean would she even remember him? Did she even want to see him, I mean why didn't she come to see him when she got back to town?

Serafina sighed as she heard the doorbell ring, it had been a long day, and was ready to relax. She opened the door and saw Dustin and Mike standing there but what caught her attention was the van parked in the driveway.

"Hi, guys, what brings you by?" She said greeting them with the handshake they had all come up with. 

"Umm, there's an old friend who would like to say to you." Dustin said as her eyes lifted from his and over to the van where a boy who reminded her a lot of Ozzy stood, only when she really focused on him did she realize who it is.

"Eddie?" She asked almost as if she wasn't sure as they approached each other. 

"Yeah, it's me, sweetheart." He said smiling as she threw her arms around him. 

"I've missed you, where have you been hiding?" She asked him. 

"I should be asking you that question but I missed you too. Do you have time to catch up?" He asked her as they pulled apart. 

"For you always." She said saying her goodbyes to the two younger boys as she lead Eddie into her house.

The two of them walked down the hall towards her room where she let him head in first while she check on her grandpa to make sure he didn't need anything. Eddie walked into her room admiring how decorated her walls were with various posters of her favorite movies and music, he laughed at the Prince poster above her bed, but what caught his attention the most was the picture of him and her from middle school that sat on her dresser. 

"Sorry about that, it's just with his health issues lately I like to check on him." She said walking into the room. 

"No need to apologize, how is he doing? I feel bad that I stopped coming by and checking in on him." He said taking a seat on her bed.

 "Umm not too good, his heart is really weak and my mom can't afford to hire someone so I offered to take some time off of college and take care of him. Eds don't feel bad, he understands and still thinks so highly of you." She said. 

"I know but it's just that it's when he told me that you were coming home that Christmas and you didn't, I was disappointed, and then it seemed like that's when stopped talking so it felt weird to keep coming by." He said making her sigh as she remembers how heartbroken she was that Christmas. 

"Eds I wanted to come home that Christmas to see him and you but something happens that not even knows about...he thinks I got sick but in actually I was....." She said swallowing the lump in the throat as she remember what had happened that Christmas. 

"Hey...Hey, you don't have to tell me if you're not ready..." He said squeezing her hand. 

"No, you deserve to know why one day I just stopped calling and visiting which was really hard for me to do and I hate myself every day for allowing that to happen...Like I don't deserve to still have someone like you in life."  She said as the tears slid down her face.  

"Sweetheart look at me..... I can tell something happened to you but even if that wasn't the case for us drifting apart I wouldn't be mad because it was bound to happen but I'm going to always be here for you no matter what...... I love you, Serafina." He said making her eyes widen at his confession.

"You love me?" She asked quietly unsure if she heard him right. 

"Fuck! That wasn't supposed to come out at least not yet." He said running a hand through his hair. 

"Well if it's any consolation I've been in love with you since middle school." She said making him look at her. 

"You have?" He asked her. 

"I have I just didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to ruin our friendship and then as I thought about telling you that's when I got news of us moving so I decided to keep my mouth shut figuring it was too late to say anything but my feelings never died." She said looking at him. 

The next she knows is that his lips are on hers after all this time, and boy was it everything she imagined it would be. They stayed like this for a few minutes with her finding their way to his until they had to break for air. 

"God that was better than Imagined." He said leaning his forehead against hers. 

"You imagined kissing me?" She mused as he rolled her eyes. 

"Every day before and after you left.... you know me giving this bracelet as a way to confess my feelings without doing so." He said making her smile. 

"I never took it off, because even when we drifted apart...I knew you were always there for me..." She said making him smile. 

"Where does this leave us, sweetheart?" He asked after a few minutes. 

"As much as I would love to jump into a relationship I've dreamed about for ages, I think we need to spend some time catching up and re-getting to know each other and if you don't want to do that then I understand." She said. 

"Are you kidding me, sweetheart? I waited almost six years to tell you that I was in love with you, so I think I can manage to wait a little longer." He said giving her another squeeze and placing another kiss on her lips.