That Should Be Me: Eddie Munson

It hurt when Eddie started to ignore you because you really did like him and hoped that maybe something would happen between the two of you but guess you were wrong. On the other hand, Eddie felt terrible for pushing you away but when he found out about your crush on him, he wanted nothing more than to say he felt the same but then that nagging voice in his head kept telling him that you deserved better than someone like him and he eventually believed it. 

Eddie had started to notice that you started to pull away from him and the group which worried him that he pushed you too far to think that he didn't want you around. After school, he went to find you in hopes of maybe fixing a few things between you two and was shocked when your mom told you that you were out on a date and that she would let you know that he stopped by.

"A date with who?" He asked himself as he climbed into his van and headed home. 

Meanwhile, you were enjoying yourself on this date, which you didn't even want to go on in the first place but after some convincing from your friends, you decided to go. It was nice to have someone who seemed to actually want you around and enjoyed your company but part of you kept wishing it was Eddie. You still had a small crush on him despite how he's been treating you lately. 

"You know this is my first date in a while." Your date said making you look at him. 

"It is?" You asked him confused. 

"Yeah you see I used to have this crush on this girl but it turns out that she didn't like me back and it took me a few weeks to get over and I can see you're going through the same thing almost." Your date said. 

"I'm sorry." You said feeling bad. 

"No don't apologize but let's just take this slow and get to know each other as friends while you get over your crush who's an idiot by the way and if you can't that's okay too." Your date said making you smile. 

"I would like that." You said. 

That night Eddie paced his house as he waited for you to call him or stop by but you never did which upset him and worried that he did hurt you more than he realized. The next day at school he saw you standing by your locker talking to someone else and laughing, so he walked over figuring this was the perfect time to try to talk to you. 

"Hey, stranger." He said tapping your shoulder making you turn and look at him. 

"Hi Eddie, it's been a while." You said as whoever was talking to you said that they would see you later. 

"Yeah, it has, what's been up with that?" He asked as you sighed. 

"Just made some new friends is all, plus you guys don't need me hanging around and ruining your all-boys club just because I'm your friend." You said shrugging your shoulders. 

"You know we enjoy having you their sweetheart. We miss having you around." Eddie said. 

"I'll try to take some time to come hang out with you guys, I promise it isn't intentional." You said as the bell rang. 

"I miss having you around." Eddie thought sadly as he watched you walk away. 

A week later Eddie walked into school and thought about maybe telling you how he truly felt when he saw something he didn't expect to, you holding hands with that same person from last week you were laughing with, he watched as you two shared a kiss. He was truly shocked to see you had moved on from him, making him realize how he let such a good person slip through his hands.  

"That should be me." Eddie thought sadly as he left the school.