Different: Eddie Munson

It had never really both you that you and Eddie ran with different crowds because it didn't seem to mess with the relationship you two had because, at the end of the day, not all couples had the same friends. Sure you hung out with people like Nancy Wheeler and didn't really drink or do anything because none of that appealed to you while Eddie smoked pot well anything really and was kinda seen as a freak or nerd depending on who you asked. 

Ever since Eddie got home you could tell something up, he was a lot less affectionate and less talkative than he normally was. It was so bad that you couldn't even focus on your homework in front of you because usually Eddie's talking usually provided you with enough background noise to help you focus. 

"Hey bubs, is everything okay?" You asked turning and looking at him. 

"Yeah, why?" He said looking over at you. 

"It's just that you've been acting weird today and I'm worried is all." You said looking at him. 

"It's just that.....do you find it weird how we are complete opposites?" He asked you making you look at him weirdly. 

"What do you mean Eds?" You asked him confused at why he was even asking this. 

"It's just that we run with different crowds and I like you drink and smoke while you are repulsed by it. I don't know I just feel lucky to even have gotten a chance to date you....sometimes I think you deserve better than me." He said breaking your heart. 

"Eddie where is this..." You started to say but he cut you off. 

"Just forget I said anything." He said dismissing you while you sat there upset that he thought you deserved better than him because no matter how different he was from you, you did love him. 

By the time the weekend rolled around, you were still thinking about everything had said when Nancy mentioned she would be at Steve's party and that you and Eddie should come and you told her you would come already forming a plan to show Eddie that you two weren't so different. 

"Hey sweetheart, Hey Nancy." Eddie said wrapping his arms around you and placing a kiss on your lips.

"Hey Eddie, y/n was just letting me know that she was going to be at Steve's party after all." Nancy said making Eddie look at you confused because you weren't the party type. 

"You are?" Eddie asked confused. 

"Yeah could be fun." You said shrugging your shoulders.

The second Eddie left you with Nancy to go handle a deal is when you started drinking. You were on about your third cup when Eddie returned and was concerned when he saw you holding a cup in your hand. 

"Y/n give me that." He said as you shook your head no and moved away from him and chugging your drink. 

"Y/n, seriously?" He said you handed him the empty cup not sure why you were acting like this. 

"Leave me alone! I'm just trying to enjoy myself!" You poured yourself a new cup as Eddie chased you through the crowd worried about you. 

Eddied was frustrated and pulled you into the bathroom so he could talk to you and figure out why you were acting like this. 

"What now? Your acting like my parent instead of my boyfriend." You said whining. 

"What is your problem? Huh? You never act like this." Eddie asked you as you laughed at him. 

"This is what you wanted, don't you remember?" You said making him look at you confused. 

"You said that you deserved better than old good girl y/n who doesn't drink or smoke, so here I am trying to do that and impress you and even that's not good enough." You said annoyed leaving the bathroom. 

"Y/N!" You heard Eddie calling out after you but you ignored him. 

"Y/N." He called out again as you made your way to the front door prepared to leave. 

You finally reached outside and made your way down the stairs only due to the amount of alcohol you've consumed did you miss a step and make you fall and twist your ankle. Eddie heard you fall and rushed over to you. 

"Come on let's get you, home sweetheart." He said picking you up and carrying you to the van. 

The last thing you remember was Eddie placing you in the van and that was it because you were out like a light. Meanwhile, Eddie was worried and felt guilty that he let you think that you had to drink to continue being with him, he heard some movement from down the hall and that's when you appeared in the kitchen. 

"I feel like I've been hit with a bus." You said making him laugh as you took a seat next to him as he handed you some aspirin and water. 

"You know that when I brought that stuff up about us being different I didn't mean it in a bad way that you had to go out and drink. I was having one of those days where my insecurities got the best of me and I didn't give a chance to answer and I'm sorry about that." He said reaching for your hand. 

"Well I was going to tell you that no one gets to tell me what I deserve not even you, I love you, Eddie, no matter how different we are, that's one of the things I love about us. You Eddie Munson are the love of my life and your not allowed to go anywhere." You said wrapping your arms around his neck. 

"Mhmm is that so?" He asked you with a smile. 

"Very much so." You said kissing him. 

"I guess it's a good thing that I don't plan on letting you go anytime soon." He said placing another kiss on your lips.