Clingy: Eddie Munson

Tumblr Request: Hey could you possibly do a fic where Eddie and the reader have been dating a while and he suddenly just starts distancing himself from them. The reader is hella confused because they are very clingy and when they ask him about it he becomes angry and just tells them they are too clingy and when he calms down the reader just sits with him and try's to give him a hug and he's all like "what did I just say" and they gets upset and thinks he hates them now.

You and Eddie had been dating for a while after years of being friends for a while and everything had been fine and perfect in the beginning but lately, Eddie had been acting weird. He was around as much he was, always making excuses or canceling at the last minute, and he even stopped being affectionate with you which upset you because you loved giving him affection. 

You finally managed to get Eddie alone and planned on asking him what was up with his behavior lately. You nervously approached him as he was cleaning up after hellfire unsure of how this conversation was going to go. 

"What is it y/n?" He asked you annoyed which upset you because he never called you by your name. 

"I was hoping we could talk." You said playing with the rings on your fingers. 

"What is there to talk about?" He asked you making you wonder what did to upset him. 

"Your behavior lately! Your hardly around anymore and when you are, it's like I'm not there." You said on the verge of tears. 

"Because your so clingy!" He yelled making you step back and let out a whimper at his tone as you tried to understand how you were clingy. 

Eddie sighed taking a look at your state before taking a seat trying to calm down as he hadn't meant to yell at you like that. He watched as you slowly walked over to him and tried to hug him making him look at you. 

"What did I just say?" He said as you took a step back. 

"You clearly need space, so I'm gonna go and when you're ready you can talk to me." You said quietly leaving him with his thoughts. 

The whole way home you cried because you really felt like Eddie hated you. It had been a few days since Eddie yelled at you and called you clingy so you avoided him not wanting him to hate you anymore which was hard because you missed him. Eddie, on the other hand, hated being apart from you, and most of all he missed your touch, so he went to find you and hopefully make this right. He walked into the movie store and saw you talking with a customer looking exhausted. 

"If your here to yell at me, can you wait until after I get off?" You asked him.

"I'm not here to yell. I was hoping we talk." He said nervously. 

"I get off in fifteen we can talk then if you want." You said as he nodded his head deciding to hang out in the store while he waited for your break.

Fifteen minutes late you two took a seat at the table behind the store and you were nervous about how this conversation was about to go. 

"I assume you're here to break up with me?" You asked him making him look at you shocked. 

"No sweetheart, I came to apologize for yelling at you and calling you clingy when your not. I never found you clingy in fact Mike Wheeler said I was the clingy one so I distanced myself from you in hopes that you wouldn't leave me but then you came and tried to talk to me and instead of talking to you, I yelled at you and called you clingy and I'm sorry." He said. 

"First off fuck Mike Wheeler. Second I don't find you clingy whatsoever, I love how affectionate you are with me, it's the best part of my day. And while I'm not happy you yelled at me, I do understand which is why I am going to forgive you as long as you promise to come to talk to me when something is bothering you." You said lacing your hands with his.

"I promise to work on my communication skills sweetheart becuase those were the worst few days of my life." He said leaning across the table and placing a kiss on your lips.