Stood Up: Robin Buckley

So many words could describe your best friend and crush Robin Buckley. She was funny, kind, smart, fearless, and most of all cute, you weren't sure when you feel for her but now it was all you could think about even if you knew deep down she didn't feel the same way you. You had overheard her and Steve talking about her crush on Vickie from band, which you understood because Vickie was cute but it also hurt to hear that she had a crush on someone else. You thought that maybe you should try to move on as well and so here you were getting ready for a date with this boy Drew who had asked you out a few times. 

"So who's the lucky guy?" Robin asked you trying to be supportive even though she wished it was her.

"Uh it's Drew from my art class, I figured I give him a chance finally." You said as Robin rolled her eyes because Drew was so annoying and condescending.

"Oh." She said not sure of what else to say.

"Yeah." You said awkwardly. 

"Well, I hope you have a good time and call me once you get home or if you need me to come to get you." She said hugging you before leaving you since Drew was supposed to pick you up at your place. 

You sighed as it was fifteen minutes past when Drew was supposed to pick you up but still decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Now it was an hour later and you came to conclusion that he had stood up as the tears slide down your face, you knew this was a bad idea, to begin with, and shouldn't have said yes in the first place. You walked over to your phone and called the video store hoping Robin was still there. 

"Robin." You said once she answered the phone. 

"What's wrong?" She asked concerned when you heard you were on the verge of tears. 

"He stood me up. I knew this was a bad idea." You said rambling into the phone.

"No, it wasn't. Just give me a few minutes and I'll be there." She hung up the phone and closed the store early. 

Robin didn't know how Drew could stand up someone like you. You were beautiful, talented, caring and so much more. She has had the biggest crush on you and wanted to tell you but was scared that you would reject her and ruin the friendship you two shared so she tried to move on to Vickie but that wasn't going anywhere. 

"Hey, it's alright. Drew's a complete idiot." She said immediately wrapping her arms around you when she saw your makeup-stained cheek.

 "No, maybe I'm the idiot. I shouldn't have said yes when I knew the type of person he was." YOu ranted as Robin wondered why you even said yes to him. 

"Can I ask why did you agree to go out with Drew in the first place?" Robin asked pulling away from you. 

"Because I realized the person and my best friend had a crush on Vickie and didn't like me back so I tried to move on." You said as she looked at you shocked. 

"You have a crush on me?" She asked shocked. 

"I do and I understand if you don't like me back, we can pretend..." You started to ramble on before you felt Robin's lips on yours. 

Robin about died when she felt you kiss her back and after a few minutes you two finally pulled away to catch some air but kept smiling at each other. 

"I've liked you for the longest time but wasn't sure you felt the same way which is I started pursing Tammy and then Vicky because I didn't want to say anything and ruin our friendship." She said. 

"So would you maybe like to give this a try?" You asked her nervously.

"I would love too as long as I get to get kiss you again." She said making you laugh as you nodded your head for her to kiss you again.