It's My Party And I'll Cry If I Want To: Eddie Munson

*A/N: My birthday is Saturday and I just want to skip it, so enjoy!* 

Some thought that having your birthday near a major holiday was a blessing when in reality it was a curse and just made the day ten times horrible. Your birthday was always the day of thanksgiving or the day after which often meant that your family celebrated it, the day after and none of your friends were ever around to do anything with you as they were off celebrating the holidays with their own families. 

You hadn't much hope this year especially after your mom passed away this year the one who tried to make your day special the best she could but still, you didn't think that it would be this bad. Your birthday was currently three days away and so far no you had received no birthday cards from your family out of town and you had already learned that your supposed friend wasn't getting you which included in a birthday card because she was helping her college boyfriend with something and now your grandma didn't know if she was gonna be able to come to spend it with you. At this point in time, you wanted nothing more than to cancel the whole day, and just act like your birthday didn't exist. 

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Eddie asked hearing you sigh as you flipped through your mail. 

"Nothing just didn't get the mail I was hoping for, is all." You said giving him a small smile as you joined him on the couch. 

Eddie. Eddie was something else, he had really become your rock and sort of safety net after your mom died, the two of you had been somewhat friends before, but after your mom died the two of you became super close. He was always helping you and your little brother out in any way he could whether it was coming over and spending time with you two or fixing something that broke in the house so you wouldn't have to stress about finding some non-creppy ass to do it. He was really something special, and you weren't expecting much from him as when it was his birthday a few months ago, he said birthdays weren't much to him and you were pretty sure that he didn't know it was your birthday in a few days. 

You and your little brother had spent thanksgiving with him and Wayne who absolutely adored the two of you. While Eddie and your brother were outside playing basketball, you were inside helping Wayne clean up and put the leftovers away. 

"I already told you, you didn't have to do that, darlin'." Wayne said when he said saw you doing the dishes. 

"I know you did, but I want to. Thank you, for having us over." You said to him. 

"No need to thank me, I love you kids as if you were my own. Also happy early birthday since I won't see you on Saturday due to work." He said making you look at him confused. 

"It's all that boy has been talking about since October. He truly adores you." Wayne said leaving you there to process what he said. 

Your birthday was already off to a bad start, so far no cards or calls from your family well except your brother who had gotten you a card and a few gifts and tried to cook you breakfast, you had appreciated his attempts. You and him watched a few of your favorite movies but still, you couldn't help but look at your phone or the front door hoping that your friends or family would show up or call. 

It had been a few hours, and so far your grandma had called and wished you a happy birthday and apologized for not making it down there which you understood to a point, and as for your supposed friends, none of them had even bothered to call you and wish you happy birthday which upset you because you always made sure to make their birthday special. You were sitting outside on the porch silently crying your eyes out, not wanting your little brother to see you like this when you heard the familiar sound of Eddie's van pulling up making you quickly wipe your eyes. 

"There's the birthday girl!" Eddie said with a huge smile as he climbed out of his van with a few bags in his hands. 

"Eds what are you doing here?" You asked him shocked to see him.

"Well it's your birthday is it not? And I'm sorry I'm here so late, I wanted to be here this morning but Wayne had car trouble and I had to drive almost two hours to help him.

"It is but you didn't..." You started to say him but he stopped you. 

"None of that sweets. Now I got you a cake, red velvet of course and I got you a few things and Wayne got you a card if you want to open them." He said handing your gifts to you before taking a seat next to you on the steps.

You opened Wayne's card and smiled at it, before you saw the $20 in it, making a promise to kill him because he didn't need to get you anything before setting it aside as you reached for the bag that held the stuff from Eddie. You reached in a pulled out a bouquet of artificial sunflowers which made you smile. 

"I remember how you said that you hated how fast flowers died, so I figured you would like artificial ones better." He said making you smile. 

You set the sunflowers to the side and reached into the bag and pulled out what felt like a book, and sure enough, it was the newest game of thrones picture book that you had been wanting making a gasp leave your lips. 

"Eds, you didn't..." You said looking at him with tears in your eyes. 

"I did, that's why I had to bail on you so much in October so I could make up the hours so I could buy it for you. Do you like it?" He asked you. 

"Are you kidding? I love it! Thank you! You know besides my brother you're the only one who actually remembered my birthday, and before you got here I was crying my eyes out feeling sorry for myself." You admitted to him. 

"I'm sorry sweetheart, you deserved to be celebrated and I'm glad I could turn your day around and as long as I'm here, I'll make sure that you are."  He said hugging you.