Failure Doesn't Define You: Eddie Munson

You let out a disappointed sigh as you opened the letter from your college and saw that you had failed the one class you needed to transfer to a better university meaning you were stuck at the school for another semester at least. You were so frustrated that you just started crying feeling like a failure as you set the letter on your dresser and climbed into your bed wanting to sleep away the feelings away. 

Eddie happily made his way over to your house excited to tell you the news that he passed math which meant all he had to do was pass history next semester and he could finally graduate high school and you two could start your lives together. He finally reached your place and made his way over to your door and unlocked letting it himself in with the key. He was confused when he walked in and saw you asleep because you never slept during the day. 

"Sweetheart...Sweetheart." He said gently shaking you.

"Eddie I'm trying to sleep..." You whined pulling your blanket over your head, not in the mood. 

"But sweetheart...I got something important to show you." He said making you sigh as you sat up against your headboard. 

"Okay bubs, what did you have to show me?" You asked him. 

"That I passed math which means as long as I pass history next semester I will actually graduate this year." He said beaming at you. 

"Oh baby, I'm so proud of you. I knew you could do it." You said wrapping your arms around him and trying to be as happy as you could be for him.

"Thank you, sweetheart, it's all thanks to you. Hey, are you okay?" He asked noticing your tear-stained cheeks. 

 "It's nothing, I promise." You said dismissing him not wanting to ruin his happy mood. 

"If it's making you upset then it is something, please tell me?" He asked you concerned making you sigh. 

"I didn't pass the class that I needed to transfer. I was literally a point of from passing." You said nearly on the verge of tears again as Eddie gathered you in his arms. 

"Eds I feel like such a disappointment." You said as he pulled away from you and cupped your face so that you were looking at him. 

"Look at me the love of my life is not a failure just because she was one point away from passing which technically the teacher could've given it to you instead of making you repeat the class. Your failure doesn't define you isn't that what you are always telling me a three-time senior?" He asked you as you nodded your head at him.

"Then you need to listen to your own advice sweetheart. I'm going to help you pass that class this time around but for now, we are going to go to the store to get some snacks, stop by the movie store so you can pick out any movie you want to watch, and then we are going to come back here and cuddle for the rest of the night, okay?" He asked you. 

"I like the sound of that." You said smiling at him. 

"Good because I love you and will do anything to turn that frown upside down." He said placing a kiss on your lips. 

"I love you too Eddie." You said as you two pulled apart and got up heading out to his van.