New Rules

Ignore the mistakes 🙏🏻

It's been a long day, for both males. Right now they were in car, one had desperate eyes and a burning desire just to get other talking and the other had a file with some papers in it.

However, Taehyung had a tight grip over the file's edge just to keep himself connected and stay calm and Jungkook wasn't even blinking, just waiting for one movement of Taehyung's eyes, even a second so that he can make eye contact and calm the other.

They are in the car from last 15 minutes and not for a second did Taehyung look up. Today Hoseok gave him few papers to read and as he was unable to finish at office Taehyung decided to bring them home to read.

Jungkook, on the other hand had a difficult day to pass today. First, he had to go home early but couldn't go because of what happened in the office and second, he saw how silent Taehyung went the whole day. He had his eyes on him the whole day, Taehyung was silent and was zoning out more often. It hurts the CEO to think that the male had to face Jimin for no particular reason.

Jungkook knows how Jimin is, he is all laugh and hugs until things get to Jungkook's safety. He never compromise on that. Jungkook knows Jimin isn't wrong to be like this but today his action felt irrational, biased, and unexpected.

"Does it still hurt?" Jungkook finally asked. He still had his eyes fixated on the face of Taehyung which showed least emotions he can. Though he observed that on his voice Taehyung flinched. He felt bad for him, for what happened today.

Taehyung didn't say anything but shook his head in denial and when he felt that Jungkook's hand was reaching for his arm, he shrunk his shoulder and put the hand more into his lap to creat a little distance he can. His efforts seemed fruitful when Jungkook retracted his hand back.

"You didn't switch on the phone yet." Jungkook voiced out.  He wanted the brunet to look at him for just one time.

Taehyung without answering took the box out that he's been keeping since morning and slides it to Jungkook. "I can't take this."

"It's given to everyone who join the company. I-It's the rule of this company." Jungkook lied so smoothly that Jin had to look at him from the rare view.

"Still, i just joined and I'm not sure if I'm selected or—"

"You are selected." Jungkook hurriedly said. "I mean, if Hoseok started sharing files with you then you are definitely selected."

Taehyung can see through the young CEO. He can see that this man has not so innocent intentions, that this man is so terrible at hiding. But what irritates him even more is that he's walking on the egg shells so that the old man couldn't harm his girlfriend and here this young lad is whipped for him without him trying.

It cringes him thinking that Jungkook is in love with him, like what the actual fuck is wrong with this person. He is so rich, has a name, owns a company, lives the best life he desires and yet he fell for him just by looking at him. Taehyung wants to laugh at his stupidity, his naive self. 

"Mr. Jeon, I don't want the phone. I live at your house, come and go with you and at work, i have a landline. Things can work like that." He didn't want to use this language but what happened today was still fresh in his mind. The assault and pressure he went through today, he can't forget it. And he could care less about anyone doing anything to him, at least today. He'll kill anyone who'd try to force anything on him anymore today.

"Taehyung......I know what happened—-"

"I don't want to talk about it. Please." He lowered his head again. He might look submissive but deep down he had his hand fisted tightly, almost shaking to keep his rage in control.