Unexpected

Ignore the mistakes 🙏🏻

"Earth to you!" A finger snapped in front of his face. He was pulled back in this painful reality, where he was a puppet and his strings were in the hand of two masterminds who kept pulling the strings as they wished and liked.

"Sorry." He cleared his throat.

"Can i ask you something?" Min-ho looked around before leaning forward. "Rumour has it that Mr Jeon fell for you? Is it true?"

"What?" Taehyung was already half conscious, and Min-ho's words were flying off his head.

"Really, i mean look at it like this. He gave you a desk in his office, he asked you to avail his car for transport, he gave you a cellphone, he let you assist him for every meeting, and he waits for you for lunch and dinners. Isn't all these things pointing at one particular thing, that he love you." Min-ho giddily proposed.

"For a project manager, you are quiet a spy. How do you know all this?" Taehyung asked amazed and surprised.

"So it's true. All those things are true. I must say Mr Jeon is quite a romantic person." Min-ho's happiness was on another level.

"I hate to break your bubbles, but Mr Jeon is married." Taehyung countered him, irrespective of the feeling that was bubbling in his heart.

"He was married. His wife died three years ago."

"How do you know that?" Taehyung asked shocked.

"I've been working here long enough to know things like that. It was a hell when she died, Mr Jeon was totally out of control, this company was built up when Mr Jeon was going through that phase of his life. He was always working, he hardly took break and he was always travelling for work, he brought hundreds of projects to the company. It was then that Senior Jeon handed him over the company." Min-ho told him. It brought even more curiosity to Taehyung, he wanted to know about Jungkook's life more, he wants to know what caused his wife death and—— he still remembers how Jungkook reacted when he talked about his wife, and then that day in his office—— it was a mess.

You left, left me behind
And I'm going out of my mind.

I miss you..

Take my hand now,
Save me before i drown.

It's suffocating here, can i go suffocate more and unite with you?

All those letters showed how much Jungkook grieved his wife and how much he loved her. Taehyung also feel bad for him, but he doesn't have the luxury to take sides, he's waking on the knife's edge, one mistake he would be cutting his self, and he is quite selfish to slaughter the other than to his own self.

"Poor him." Taehyung said and he heard an unnoticeable voice from the other side. Ever since the man told him that he'll be back to meet him, his heart was in his throat, he don't want to meet him but he knew there was no backing off this. His train of thoughts broke when he felt a hand over his, he jerked the hand off and stood up from his chair abruptly.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Min-ho also stood up, he saw the fear on Taehyung's face and then he blinked and it was gone. "Are you alright? You are spacing out way too much."

"I-I....I'm okay. I should go." Taehyung didn't let him to say anything, and he was on his way to Jungkook's office. Apparently, that's the only safe place for him right now.

His hear beating at unexplainable speed, it's 2:39 and soon it'll be 4. He will be face to face with the old man. Putting a hand on his heart, he went inside Jungkook's office.