THEY DON'T CARE

"Do you know where we are?"

Tee stared out at the plot of land, nothing had been built there yet. It was clear something was being planned, but she had no idea what.

"I w-woke up here." She said quietly.

"Because this is where you died, or you were supposed to, at least."

Tee stayed still, staring at the ground in front of her as she listened to him. She knew what was coming, she didn't want to see herself die, she didn't want to see what the horrible people she had come to know had done, she didn't want to know any of it.

Number one didn't give her any time to process what was going on, she just heard a voice of a man she didn't recognise.

"Don't be afraid..."

Her head looked up to see she was now in a mall, a mall with a terrifying monster standing in it. She cowered away from it for a second, having to remind herself the scene wasn't actually in front of her, it wasn't real.

She looked over to where the voice had come from, seeing a boy hovering over a past her's figure. She was on the ground, and she was covered in bruises and blood.

"It'll be over soon."

"Who is that?" Tee asked number one, walking closer to the boy and her past self. It was weird, looking at herself from the third person.

"He doesn't matter anymore," he responded, "you'll see why in just a moment."

She nodded her head, looking back as the unknown boy spoke again.

"Just try and stay... very still."

She watched her last self grab onto his arm, staring frightfully at the monster getting ready to hurt her. Tee furrowed her brows, she was holding onto him for dear life.

She couldn't figure out if he was a friend or a foe.

"Billy, please," Past her whispered as tears left her eyes, her hand on his arm not leaving, "you... you can't l-let this... you can't."

Tee looked at the man above her past self. Billy.

Nothing really came to mind.

She looked then to her side to see the girl from past memories, Jane, sitting there doing nothing.

"Stay very still," Billy repeated, using his hand to shove past her back down on her back as the monster got closer and closer.

Tee breathed heavily as Billy stepped back and away from her and Jane. She watched as past her reached forward, grabbing El's arm and pulling her back with all her strength, the girl leaning onto Tee as they both stared at the monster.

What happened next confused her.

The girls, so close to death, holding onto each other so tightly. She thought Jane was supposed to be an enemy.

She watched on as Jane suddenly pushed Tee forward, getting up and hiding, leaving Tee on her own in front of the monster.

Tee's eyes closed for a moment. The girl had betrayed her.