BORED

Chapter 7: Bored
"I'm not afraid anymore, what makes you sure you're all I need? Forget about it."

•

Tees head looked over to the direction Max was already looking and her eyes fell upon Lucas, Will and Mike taking their bikes out of the bike rack.

"Come on," Max mumbled, grabbing both girls hands and walking forward. She was angry at Mike for hurting her best friend.

"Max, no!" Tee sighed. Max was going to create an unwanted argument that Tee didn't feel like partaking in. She'd rather go home. She didn't feel safe.

"Isn't this a nice surprise!" Max says sarcastically as the three boys freeze, realising they've been caught. Mike drops his bike as he stares at Tee. The girls cheeks went rosy with embarrassment as she stared down at her shoes.

"What are you two doing here?" He asks Tee and a Eleven as he glances at them both. Eleven stares him down as Tee messes around with her fingers.

"Shopping," El replied simply, a glare on her face as she stared at Mike.

"You like her outfit?" Max asks, showcasing off Eleven as Tee stood awkwardly. She was so uncomfortable.

"What is wrong with you?" Mike snapped at Max, making Tee angry that he thought he could talk to her that way, "and you!" Mike says looking at Tee, "you know more than anyone the dangers of you two being here. You're not allowed here."

"Mike..." Tee tries to say that she didn't know she was coming here here, because it was true, she knew it was a risk her being here.

"What is she?" Max cuts Tee off, "your little pet?"

"Yeah," El agrees with Max as Tee rubs her temple. No offence to her girls. But they were being a little weird about it. Mike was trying to keep her and El safe, "Is She your pet?"

"What? No!" Mike exclaims to the two.

"Then why do you treat her like garbage?" El asked, repeating what Max had said in her bedroom hours ago.

Tee's eyes widened as she stepped in, "he doesn't t-treat me like garbage!"

"Yes he does!" Max disagrees with Tee as the girl looks around them, seeing people stare at the teens who were fighting, it made her feel uncomfortable on a whole new level.

"You told Tee that your grandmother was sick," Max says to Mike, "when she's not!"

"She is," Mike tells her, his voice going higher in pitch, "she is. She is sick." He repeats. Looking over to Lucas for help.

"Yeah, sick, she's sick," Lucas agrees as mike keeps repeating that she is indeed sick.

"she's super sick. That's why we're here actually." Mike adds on to the lie, "we're shopping. Not for us, but for her, for nana."

"For nana!" Lucas adds loudly. Tee smiles at the boys good deed, but El and Max weren't convinced.

"Also, we're here to get a gift for you," Mike adds sincerely, turning his attention to Tee. "Just, we couldn't find anything that suited you and I only have like $3.50 so it's hard."

"Super hard," Lucas exaggerates, "it's expensive."

"You're just lying to her," Max argues with Mike, "why are you helping him?" She asks Lucas. "He's obviously a lying scum bag who doesn't know how to treat girls."

"Max," Tee tries to butt in. But Max doesn't hear.

"Tee deserves someone so much better than you, because you treat her like a pet-"

"Max," Tee said a little louder.

"And you keep her all to yourself - you're so possessive it's disgusting!"

"Max!" Tee finally yells, making all of the teens look over to her in shock, "enough. P-please. Mike can we talk a-alone?"

Mike nods while glaring at max as Tee walks over and grabs his hand, pulling him away from the group and round the corner.

"I-is your nana sick?" Tee asks him, her hand still in his to affirm that his answer won't make her angry, "and answer this without l-lying."

"She's not," Mike sighs, shaking his head. He couldn't say that hopper made him lie, he had to lie again, "but Lucas' nan is."

"What?" Tee asks, her eyebrows furrowing, "since when?"

"Uh, like, yesterday. It's so sad," Mike continued to lie. Tee let go of his hand and shook her head.

"Michael," She begins, "w-why are you lying?"

"I'm not!" Mike argues.

"Y-you know you d-don't have to hang out with me every day," Tee says to him, "i-I get you're bored of me. But don't l-lie about it. You promised me y-you'd never lie."

"Tee, it's not that at all!" Mike tries to convince the girl, but the girl is already walking away, tears in her eyes.

"S-Stop lying," She says as she sniffs, turning towards him, "y-you're bored. I-I get it. Go f-find someone better if I-I'm not good enough."

And with that she started to walk away. Mike went to grab her arm to stop her, but she sent a shock through his body, making him jump.

"And you promised you'd never use your powers against me!" Mike yells angrily, he didn't know what to think about what Tee had said, "so I guess that makes us both liars!"

Tee just closed her eyes for a moment and walked over to Max and El, tears ready to pour as she grabbed El's arm and began pulling her away from Lucas and Will. Max followed the two girls quickly, worried for Tee as they all got onto the bus home. Max and El sat next to each other as Tee sat across on the row opposite, head on the glass and eyes closed as she tried to cover her hurt.

She wasn't as good as mike at lying, you see. Her emotions always had to show.

So with that

She cried.