STAY VERY STILL

Tee didn't know what was going on when she woke up, still completely disorientated. Her throat hurt, and her head killed. She felt so ill, so tired, the lights not helping.

"Don't be afraid..."

She looked up, seeing Billy hovering above her, her eyebrows furrowed at his words, "it'll be over soon."

"Please," she whispered out in a desperate plea, tears coming to her eyes as she stared into his black, empty ones.

"Just try and stay... very still."

She grasped onto his arm when he tried to get up. But her eyes weren't on him anymore, they were on the hole in the ceiling of Starcourt where the mindflayer was getting ready to attack.

"Billy, please," Tee whispered as tears left her eyes, her hand on his arm not leaving, "you... you can't l-let this... you can't."

She couldn't get a full sentence out. She turned onto her side to face Eleven, the girl only just coming around after being knocked out. She felt a cry leave her lips.

Where was Max and Mike?

"Stay very still," Billy repeated, using his hand to shove her back down on her back as the mindflayer got closer and closer.

She breathed heavily as Billy stepped back and away from her and her sister, and tried to keep calm as she heard El's terrified whimpers. She reached forward, grabbing El's arm and pulling her back with all her strength, the girl leaning onto Tee as they both stared at the mindflayer.

"I love you," Tee cried to El, her voice hoarse, as the Mind flayer opened its mouth, showing its teeth, "I'm so sorry."

El couldn't reply to the girl as she stared at the rows of teeth, another arm coming towards them screeching as it did when all of a sudden, a firework went off, startling it.

Tee covered her eyes with her arm, jumping slightly in shock as the mindflayer screeched, more fireworks being thrown. Tee turned to Billy, seeing him also getting effected by the fireworks being thrown - the hive mind, he was getting hurt too.

Tee took this as a moment of weakness, grabbing el and turning quickly.

"Run, and don't you dare look back," Tee yelled at El, pushing the girl in front of her and running by Billy. Tee pushed her forward again, almost completely out of the mindflayers view.

"Go, go, go!" Tee yelled to El, pushing her a final time before something caught her leg. She turned, seeing Billy yank her to the floor.

"Tee!" She heard El yell.

"El, go!" She yelled again before being yanked backwards by Billy. She let out a scream as it happened, and was yanked onto her Back.

"Get off!" She screamed at Billy, when he grabbed the shirt that hung loosely on her shoulders, pulling her up before smashing her body back onto the ground. She let out more and more screams, the fireworks around them covering the noise as her head started to pound more and more.

Tee had to think quickly, she had to snap billy out of it somehow.

She looked to her side, seeing El cowered behind a tower with Mike and Max by her side, staring at her in shock.