THE GAME PLAN

"I genuinely thought you were kidding," Robin said as she leaned against the side of Steve's car outside of the wheeler house - luckily for them, Mr and Mrs Wheeler were out with Holly, so they had the place to themselves.

Nancy, Robin, Steve, Lucas, Dustin and Max were stood outside of Steve's car, thinking about what to do with the girl laying inside the car across the back three seats.

"I told you they wouldn't believe us over the radio," Steve said to Dustin, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned on one foot.

"This doesn't make any sense," Nancy says, still a little in shock - who wouldn't be? This girl had been with her through childhood, was her little brothers girlfriend, and had died. But there she was, heart beating in the back of her ex-boyfriends car.

"That's what I said," Steve agreed with Nancy, "and to make it worse, apparently she's murderous and wants Max dead, so... that's not great."

"We should get her to the basement, just in case my mom comes back," Nancy says, making Steve nod and open the door, grabbing the girl from inside and carrying her into the house behind Nancy.

Everyone else followed behind him quietly, watching as he placed her down on one of the couches.

"You said she was murderous, right?" Robin asked as they all looked at Tee, "what if she wakes up and attacks out of nowhere? I mean, she's strong as hell, we know that from the mall, and that was her before she was even murderous - who knows how dangerous she is now? We're probably not all gonna be able to fight her off."

"She's right," Max nods, "we need some sort of plan."

"What was she like?" Nancy asked Max, "did she give you any clues as to what could've happened after we thought she died?"

"She explained what it was like to die," Max started, looking down at the girl as she spoke quietly; reliving her near death experience, "and said she died for nothing."

"Does sue not remember the whole mind flayer thing?" Lucas asked, "she died saving the world..."

"I don't know," Max shook her head, "she said she remembered what I did, what we all did - something about being blind for thinking we loved her and cared. She said we were happy to see her die."

"That doesn't make sense at all," Nancy shakes her head, "she died in Mike's arms - I was right next to him."

"So she thinks we caused her death?" Steve asked with a furrowed eyebrow.

Max shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know - she said she wanted what she deserved, and then tried to kill me, so I'm gonna go out on a whim and say she's pretty pissed."

"Yeah, for sure," Dustin nodded, "that's useful though."

"How is that useful?" Steve asked him.

"Happy to see her go? Does that seem like us at all?" Dustin asked him, "I mean, Tee was like a glue in the friendship group."

"She was a good kid, yeah," Steve nods.

"You said Billy was in your trance at the graveyard, right?" Dustin asks Max, making her nod, "so... Vecna alters memories or makes terrifying new ones based on people we remember. What if Vecna altered her memories? Or made her believe things went down differently to how they really did?"

"The split thing you mentioned earlier," Steve started, "could that cause her to loose her memory?"

"I mean... it's possible. Theoretically if there was two of her, one could've died with her memories." Dustin nodded

"So... what do we do?" Robin asked.

"We've gotta try and jog her memory." Lucas says to them, "what's important to Tee?"

"Mike."

"Mike."

"Mike."

"Mike."

It was almost unanimous, making Lucas roll his eyes, "other than Mike, guys, come on."

"Uh..." Nancy took a second to think, "we still have pictures of her and Mike from before the lab," she suggests, "they helped her remember that she was called Molly."

"She loved messing around with the compass," Dustin added, "she was amused by it for ages, and then kept stealing mine when I wasn't looking."

"Cookies," Robin suggests, "you mentioned she baked them for you guys all the time, right?"

"Yeah," Max nodded, "my skateboard - she wanted to learn how to skate, and I spend a week trying to teach her."

"I know what we need," Dustin suddenly realised, "that toy in the back of the Todd father. She asked me to take care of it. She said it belonged to someone important to her."

"You still have it?" Steve asked him, "it was covered in blood, dude, that's gross."

"I promised her I would!" Dustin argued, "I'm not an asshole!"

"Okay, so, we try and jog her memory," Nancy said, "Dustin, Max and I will go and gather everything, you guys stay here and watch over her."

"What do we do if she wakes up?" Robin asks, "what do we do if this doesn't work and she goes psycho and tries to kill us?"

"I should go with you guys," Steve said to Nancy, "to make sure Max stays safe."

"You'd be better with Tee," Nancy tells him simply, "she doesn't have many memories with you, or Robin, so you guys should be fine. She wanted revenge right? You guys haven't done anything to her."

"Okay," Robin nods, "we got this."

Dustin threw Steve a Cerebro, "keep us posted, dude."

Steve sighed, watching the three disappear upstairs, being stuck with Lucas, Robin and Tee.

"Should we tie her up or something, just in case?" Robin asks Steve.

"Don't be an idiot," Steve shakes his head, going to take a seat on the other couch, grabbing a newspaper, "we'll be fine."

A/N
UNEDITED