NOBODY'S HOME

Chapter 9: nobody's home

Tee woke up the next morning with a post it note on her head and the worst headache of her life

Tee woke up the next morning with a post it note on her head and the worst headache of her life. She grabs the post it as she heard yelling from outside. It sounded like hopper, so guessed Joyce or El was in.

Gone to Max's, join us if you're up for it. Love you :) - el

Tee sighed as she wiped her eyes of sleep and left her room. She was wearing some loose pants and a tight short sleeved stripy top that she'd slept in. As she walked out, she noticed the door was wide open and hopper was yelling from his room.

She yawned as she walked out and looked towards hoppers room, where the door was an old shower curtain.

"You're inventing things to get worked up about so that you can push me away. Because god forbid any of us move on! Because that... that would be... I mean, that would be too much right Joyce? You know? That would be too much, wouldn't it, Joyce? Wouldn't it Joyce?"

Hopper opened the curtain, now in clothes, snd his eyes widened at the sight of Tee - one, she looked dreadful and ill, two, she'd just had to listen to all of that.

"Uh, hi," Hopper said rather shocked as Tee tried not to laugh, "you seen Joyce?"

"No," Tee shakes her head as she walks into the kitchen and grabs a glass of water. Hopper sighs and yells Joyce's name as tee follows with her water quickly, watching him walk to the bottom step.

"Joyce?" He calls again as Tee yawns. Suddenly, Joyce jumps out of the shed with a flashlight in one hand and wire cutters in the other, "what the hell are you doing?"

"I need to borrow these," Joyce says to him, before her eyes fall on Tee, "and her! Tee, honey, get your shoes on."

Tee shares a look with Jim, watching him shake his head. A mischievous smile makes its way to her face as she grabs her converse by the door and runs past him on the patio steps, following Joyce quickly to wherever they were gonna go.

"No, you're not going back there! Neither of you are!" Hopper yelled as Tee caught up with Joyce, "Tee! Joyce! You're not going back there!" Hopper yelled as they jumped into the car, just waiting for him to catch up.

"Where exactly a-a-are we going?" Tee asked as she sniffed.

"The lab," Joyce smiles and Tee's eyes widen. She didn't want to go back there. Joyce noticed that instantly, and put her hand on Tee's knee, "I know you're scared honey, but hop and I will be with you."

"I'll d-do it. On one condition," Tee says, "got any headache t-tuh-tablets?"

-