WELCOME HOME!

Chapter 2: welcome home!

When Tee arrived at Dustin's door at exactly 2pm the next day, eleven at her side, she was greeted with a kiss from mike, who then pulled her inside, Tee grabbed El's hand to pull her in too. They'd been given a key to the house in order to set up Dustin's surprise. The boy was finally coming back after being at camp for a month, and the party couldn't be more excited.

"So, w-what's the plan again?" Tee asked mike as she watched Lucas and Max laugh and make the welcome home sign.

"When Dustin is in range, he'll definitely try and call us over the radios," Mike begins to explain as Will arrives and El goes to greet him, "when we know he's close, we'll put the robots that you'll move in place and hide behind the wall over there, then when he's here, he goes to his room, the robots move, then boom!"

"Boom?" Tee asks, a clumsy smile on her face as the boy explains everything to them.

"We surprise him," Mike says with a wide smile. Tee grabs his cheeks, making him push her hands away as Max and Lucas make kissy noises at them. Will, who had just entered the room with El rolled his eyes at this.

It had been like this all summer.

"D-do you need help with the poster?" Tee asked Max and Lucas, walking away from mike to look at it.

"Yeah," Max smiles at the girl - the two had gotten close over the last few months. When Mike wasn't with Tee, Tee was round Max's. Mike didn't really like it, but Tee told him he had to deal with it.

Tee grabbed a pen to help with the colouring as Max and Lucas started talking about the preview they had been to see the day before. Mike watched as Tee scrunched up her face, trying to keep in the lines as she coloured. He couldn't help but smile lovingly at her, she was beautiful.

To him, she was perfect.

-

Half an hour later and Dustin had arrived home. The group hid behind the wall as he entered his room. The group felt bad for the boy when they heard him say "at least someone's happy I'm home."  But they knew the boy would be happy when he saw them.

Tee took his words as a que to start moving the toys. She made the robot he had start to whir and make noise, as well as make the R2-D2 they had placed by his bed start moving.

Dustin's face grew confused as his electronic toys started to gather and walk out of the room. He started to follow them, hairspray in hand as he walked out. Steve had told him to use it on special occasions - this was pretty special. Or just weird.