CLOSING THE GATE

Chapter 10: closing the gate

When they finally arrived at the lab, Tee was a little hesitant. The building was a bad place with bad memories, and looking at it just reminded her of bob and those demo-dogs and Brenner and... Sam Owens.

Eleven took Tee's hand into her own, both of them needing comfort as hopper got his rifle from the back. There was a yell of a dog from inside as the two stared at the building, hopper approaching them.

"All right. You let me do the heavy lifting up front, all right?" Hopper says to them, making them both nod, "save your strength till we're below."

He looked down at the two girls as they stared at the building and noticed their hands in each other's, they had each other.

"You Guys Okay?" He asked them, Tee looked over at him and nodded, plastering on a fake smile as El started heading towards the building, Tee being dragged too. Hopper watched them for a second before running to catch up.

-

As they went down different corridors, Tee kept her hand in Eleven's. To be honest, she was terrified of this place.

They headed down a stairway, when hopper stopped them, whispering, "stay here" as he moved down, gun in position.

The two girls watched him with wide eyes. They heard hopper talking to someone, so slowly headed down the stairs. Tee froze, her eyes wide when she saw Owens. She held elevens hand tighter as the man looked at her with wide eyes.

Tee sent him a glare, her eyes basically black with hate as she fought of the urge to hurt him. He hurt her, he cut off her hair, he threatened her, he deserved nothing.

"Oh yeah, I've been meaning to tell you,"
hopper says after noticing sam looking at the two girls, "this is eleven, doc Owens. Doc Owens, Eleven. You already know Twelve after cutting her hair off - not a good move, but hey what happened happened. They've been staying with me for about a year and they're about to save our asses." He continues while creating a tourniquet around Doctor Owen's leg, "maybe when this is all said and done, maybe you can help them out too. Help them lead a normal life? Where they're not poked and prodded and tested like some kind of lab rat, you know? I don't know, just a thought?"

Hopper pulls the tourniquet right in order to cause Sam Owens pain, making him cry out.

"But, uh, think about it," Hopper says patting his shoulder before passing him a gun, "don't go anywhere."

Sam chuckles to that as Hopper, Tee and El walk past, Tee sending him one last glare as they disappeared down another corridor.

-

They finally headed down the last corridor, freezing when they heard demodogs. Tee and El shared a look as hopper walked forward.

"Stay here," he told them, gun at the ready again, He walked around a corner, almost at the Room of the gate as Eleven and Tee followed loosely behind, watching him point his to attack. Hopper counted down in his head before turning into the room just Steve and his kids had lit up the hub, making the dogs run off to see what the problem was.

Hopper gestured for Tee and El to come in, the two doing so slowly.

El's eyes were wide at the gate, but Tee and Hopper had seen it that same day, so it wasn't as big of a shock to them.

"Chief are you there? Chief do you copy?" Johnathan's voice spoke over the radio. Hopper quickly replied.

"Yeah, I copy," He told him.

"Close it," Johnathan panted. Tee and El turned towards eachother before looking back at the gate.

They got into the makeshift elevator and went down slowly, the gate bigger than they ever could of imagined. The two girls looked at it, scared they didn't have the power after all, but they had to try.

Hopper stopped the elevator as El and Tee held hands, scared for what was to come before letting go.

They both raised their hands, el using the power of her mind and Tee using the power of voltage and current, something that unknown to them at the time, the Russians were using in Russia to open a gate of their own.

Tee watched as the shadow of the mind flayer came to the gate and her eyes widened as more electricity flowed from her hands, the large amount appearing like a lightening strike.

"Oh, my god," Tee whispered as she watched the gate close more and more, the mind flayer getting angrier. She grunted in pain as she shot her other arm out, focusing on one side of the Gate as El focused on the other.

Screeches started to be heard around them as Hopper fires his gun, killing demo-dogs as they came. El and Tee focused on the gate, trying to close it as fast as they could.

Eleven started to get weaker and weaker as the mindflayer tried to get through.

Twelve let out a scream, the power becoming stronger than ever, unknowingly brightening up the whole of Hawkins, making the lights so bright as she stopped the mind flayer from entering.

"Tee," Mike whispered as he covered his eyes from the bright lights.

The two girls did one final push, both screaming as their bodies lifted of the ground, the power becoming too much for both of them, as the gate finally closed, submerging them into darkness as they passed out of the ground.

Hopper hugged the two girls close in his arms as Tee panted and Eleven cried.

"You did good," He told the girls, "you girls did so good."