CHIEF

Chapter 15: Chief

The boys, plus El were sat in a circle, Lucas telling them a plan to escape where they were. Tee wasn't listening to him, she wasn't even sitting with them - she was looking around the junkyard for any metal that could be used as weapons for the boys if they needed them. So far she'd found a hammer and that was it.

She continued to look around under scrap pieces of metal, before hearing what sounded like a helicopter approaching, but she didn't know it was a helicopter, because she didn't know what a helicopter was. She heard mike shout her name as she saw the boys hiding their bikes under the abandoned school buses.

"Tee, come on!" Mike called out for her as he saw the helicopter in the distance. She looked at him confused. She didn't understand what was wrong, "Molly!"

She watched the other boys and el all run into the bus to hide, and started to run towards Mike.

They were gonna see her, they would be found.

Mike quickly ran towards her, grabbing her and pulling her under a little covered area closer to her than the bus. He shielded her with his arms as they listened to the helicopter go over.

"Why didn't you come?" Mike asked her, annoyed as they listened to the helicopter go further and further away.

"I-I didn't know we-we were in duh-danger," Tee tells him, a sad look on her face as she looks down, "I-I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Mike tells her, squeezing her hand, "but if I shout your name again, you've gotta do what I say, okay?"

"Okay," Tee nodded.

Mike sighed, rubbing his face with his free hand before looking out of their little hiding spot, "we've gotta get to the others, come on."

Mike pulled her up and they both ran to the bus when they couldn't hear the helicopter. Dustin, Lucas and El letting out a breath, thanking the lord that they weren't the bad men and that they were okay.

They all sat back down, deciding to stay inside of the bus until they knew the coast was entirely clear. Every time they thought it was, they'd hear the helicopter again, and they'd stay put.

Half an hour in, they heard voices coming from a super comm, saying Mike's name.

"You guys hear that?" Dustin asked as Mike reached into his bag, getting his super comm.