THREE INCHES

Chapter 1: Three Inches

It was 6pm in the Hopper household, and Tee was with Mike in her room, the door open three inches as they talked, kissed and kissed some more.

Music was playing loudly in the background in order to eliminate the chance of El or Jim hearing them talking about things or hearing something they shouldn't of.

It had been six months since Mike had earned the privilege of going to the cabin, and there hadn't been a day where he didn't go round. While Eleven thought it was cute, Hopper found it annoying. He felt like he was losing Tee.

"sometimes i feel ive got to," Tee sang, jumping up from her bed, before hitting imaginary drums, "Bum bum run away!"

Mike was laughing as she did this, sitting on the edge of the bed and watching her like she was his whole world, "I've got to..."

"Bum bum!" Mike yelled as Tee jumped wildly.

"Get away from the pain you drive into the heart of me!" She sings as she walks close to mike, Standing between his legs as he looked up at her.

She sat down on his knee, one arm around his shoulders as her other held one of his hands, his other arm wrapped around her waist.

"You're so beautiful," Mike told her as she leaned into him, her head resting on his shoulder. She smiled softly at his words, her heart fluttering at the compliment. She tilted her head to look up at him, him looking down at her before capturing her lips in a kiss. She smiled as she kissed him back, never getting tired of the feeling.

"Hey!" They suddenly heard a yell from hopper. They looked through the gap in the door to see him looking at them, his body leant against the chair so he could see them.

Their eyes went wide as tee turned all the lights off in the house with a blink. Hopper began to Yell as Tee got off of Mike and went to sit at her vanity.

"Hey! Turn these lights on!" Hopper yelled at her. When she knew Mike and Her were in position, she turned the lights on as Hopper tripped over to coffee table, Eleven at his side.

She and Mike walked towards the door to see Hopper on the floor, and both started laughing as Hopper glared at Mike. Eleven laughed too as she walked past hopper to the kitchen.

"I think it's time you go," Tee giggled, grabbing Mike's hand and leading him outside, walking around Hopper as he got off the floor and glared at the two. As soon as they left the cabin Tee closed the door behind them, turning to Mike.

The two burst out laughing as they walked down the steps towards Mike's bike.

"Oh my god, that was priceless," Mike laughed as he grabbed his bike, "did you see his face?"

"It was like a tomato," Tee laughed loudly as she held her knees.

"Yeah, a fat tomato," Mike agreed as he got onto his bike. Tee walked closer to him and pecked his lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked the boy, who nodded his head, pecking her lips again.

"First thing," He affirmed to her, making her smile wider as she waved the boy off, walking back inside to hang out with eleven.

-

Tee was sat in her room, messing around with her hair as she listened to the radio, killer queen was playing as she sang softly to the words.

Eleven was sat on Tee's bed, humming to the song as she flipped through a magazine Mike had bought Tee the other week, when suddenly all the lights in the cabin went off.

Eleven and Hopper both heard a scream as the cabin was plunged into darkness.

"Tee?" Eleven shouted, as Hopper tried to navigate through the cabin.

Tee herself felt a surge of electricity go through her, making her scream out. Somewhere nearby someone must've been using billions of volts of electricity as it sent a surge through her.

She fell to the floor, shaking as the lights turned back on. El and Hopper ran to her side as he girl shook, almost as if she was having some sort of seizure.

"Tee? Tee, can you hear me?" Hopper shouted, holding the girl's shoulders as she shook, before the girl gasped and opened her eyes, looking at Hopper and Eleven with wide eyes.

"What was that?" Eleven asked the two, confused as to what just happened to Tee.

"I-I don't know," Tee whispered as Hopper helped her sit up, "I felt like I was being... electrocuted?"

"That makes no sense," Hopper whispered as Tee leant her head on Hoppers shoulder, getting her breathing in check.

"I-I'm sure I'm fine," Tee mumbles as she lets out deep breaths, "maybe it was a power cut?"

"Maybe," Hopper mumbled, hugging the girl as El watched with furrowed brows, worried for her sister.

While the family brushed it off as a weird occurrence, they had no idea it was alluding to something bigger, scarier and stronger, that could put all their lives at risk.