HE'S ALIVE

Chapter 6: He's Alive

When Mike awoke in the morning, his arms were void of Tee, who was the one to wake him up.

She hadn't done it intentionally, she was sitting at his desk, messing with his supercomm, making it make weird noises as she furrowed her brows in concentration.

After seeing how distraught Mike was over Will's death, she just had to try connecting to Will. She had a hunch he wasn't dead, he couldn't be. She remembered in the Lab when Brenner would make her use her power to connect one of their radios to the upside down, to hear the noises of the monsters that lurked there.

El believed Will was in the Upside Down, so maybe Tee could connect them and make them hear it.

"Tee can you shut up?" Mike grumbled into his pillow as he turned to lie on his front. Tee didn't stop though, her ears tingling slightly as little cracks of electricity started to appear at the tops of her hands, "Tee." Mike groaned as it got louder, "Tee!"

"Shh," She whispered, feeling close. Mike sat up and looked at her, she was looking at the supercomm, messing with the dial as her fingers cracked with electricity. He walked closer, mesmerised by what she was doing.

"What are you-"

"Shh," she whispered again. Mike nodded, even though she didn't see due to her closed eyes. He watched intently as her fingers crackled again before they heard a voice.

"so come on and let me know..."

The voice was frail and weak, but had a hint of hopelessness in it - but also despair and sadness. He sounded like his teeth were chattering from the cold, his voice quiet as if not to attract attention. Mike's eyes widened as he stared at the little machine Tee had managed to make his friend come alive in.

"Should I stay or should I go..."

Mike couldn't believe what he was hearing. It was wills favorite song. Will was alive. El was right all along.

"Should I stay or should I go now, should I stay or should I go now..."

Mike's eyes were filling with tears as Tee's head turned to face him, she held out the supercomm for him to hold.

"If I go there will be trouble... if I stay there will be double-"

Mike took it from the girl and held it to his mouth, pressing the button to talk.

"Will? Will is that you? It's me! Mike! Do you copy? Over." Mike asked loudly, hoping and praying that the boy on the other end could hear.

There was a static noise, but no reply.

"Will are you there?" Mike asked loudly as Tee's nose and ears started to bleed, keeping the connection was making her weaker by the second, "Will?"

The connection was gone. Mike looked up at Tee to see her with a sad yet hopeful look in her eyes as blood fell from her nose and ears, "was that... was it..."

"W-will," she spoke quietly with a small smile. And just like that, Mike's eyes sparked with happiness as he pulled her into a hug.

"Oh my god, he's alive," he whispered as he hugged her, "thank you. Thank you so much. Oh my god."

They hugged for a little longer before there was a knock at the door, "Michael?"

Tee and Mike's eyes widened as the stepped apart. Mike went to get the door as Tee went towards the closet. She looked at it, scared that what happened last time would happen again. She looked over at mike who gave her a little nod and went inside, closing the door behind her.

As she stood inside, Mike was talking to his mom about staying home from school because of grief. She moved back in the cupboard as her eyes closed. She tried not to think about Brenner and the lab, but it was so hard. Her mind suddenly flashed back to fragmented parts of when she hadn't done what papa had asked and how she'd be alone, trapped in her thoughts for hours - days - with no food or water.

Before she could slip into a memory properly, the door opened and there stood Mike.

"You okay?" He asked, she nodded and quickly got out, thankful to be out of that god-forsaken closet.

"So, you can control electricity," Mike says to her after a moment of silence, "and radio waves."

"What's an electicity?" Tee asks, "And any wave," She says to him with a small smile, trying to block out the way that she'd found that information.

"Electicity and waves," Mike mutters, "interesting, and I'll teach you about electricity later," he tells her as he went over to his supercomm and called for Lucas.

Tee looked around his room in more detail. She picked up one of his shirts that had text on it.

STAR WARS

Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at it, vaguely knowing what both words meant as she'd overheard doctors talking about 'Reagan's Star Wars initiative'

Mike approached her a little while after hanging up from Lucas, "you found my Star Wars shirt. I'll have to show you the movies someday."

"M-movies?" She asked, confused by the words.

"Yeah, it's basically moving pictures on a screen with a storyline, you'd love it," he explains and she nods with a small smile.

"C'mon lets get you downstairs," he says with a smile back, "Lucas and Dustin will be here soon, and I need to apologise to El."