THE BATH

Chapter 16: the bath

The ride to the Byers home was silent.

Dustin was sat up front, and the other kids were all piled into the back, squashed as they tried to all fit. Mike and Tee had a harsh grip on each others hands the whole journey - Tee not knowing where they were going, and Mike scared for when he'd see Nancy.

"We're here," Hopper muttered as he threw his keys onto his dashboard and readjusted his hat as he got out.

Mike opened the door on his side, climbing out as Hopper opened the other door. Tee sat there for a moment as she saw three people leave the house.

The girl from the photos of Tee and Mike when they were younger was with them. Nancy, Mike's sister.

She got out as she saw the girl hug Mike tightly, saying how much she'd missed him, before her eyes fell onto Eleven on the other side of the car, "is that my dress?"

El looked down awkwardly as Mike turned and grabbed Tee's hand, pulling her forward slightly. Nancy's eyes fell onto her, and her eyes widened, her mouth open slightly in pure shock as she stared at the girl.

"M-Molly?" Nancy asked, tears gathering in her eyes as she looked from Molly to Mike, "Mike, is that-"

"It's Molly," Mike smiles widely, his own eyes teary as Nancy stepped towards the two kids, the rest of them watching mostly in shock.

"Can I hug you?" Nancy asks the girl, who nods.

"O-of course, Nancy," Tee smiles softly, and she's picked up in a hug by Nancy. They hug eachother for around ten seconds, enjoying the reunion before Hopper coughs and tells them all to head inside. Nancy not taking her eyes off of her little brother's childhood best friend who had been missing for years on years.

She was shocked, and it gave her hope that her best friend Barbara would be okay too.

-

Mike, Dustin, Lucas and El were all sat on the floor as Mike explained what they knew about Will and Barbara to Joyce, Johnathan, Hopper and Nancy; who were on couches. Tee was walking around the small area, looking at photos of will and his family.

"Okay, so, in this example, we're the acrobat. Will and Barbara, and that monster, they're this flea. And this is the Upside Down, where Will is hiding. Mr. Clarke said the only way to get there is through a rip of time and space." Mike went on and on as the adults and teens tried to follow along.