PRETTY

Chapter 7: Pretty

It was half an hour later, Dustin and Lucas had arrived and they were in the basement with Tee, El and Mike. Mike had apologised to El, who accepted his apology, telling him that "friends don't lie."

They were all crowded around Tee who held the supercomm in her hands. They watched as her hands shook and her eyebrows furrowed. She was trying to hard to find a signal, but it was pretty weak. She changed the frequency on the dials ever so slightly, and they heard a little whimper. Mike jumped a little bit in happiness that she'd managed to do it again.

"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" Mike asks as the boys keep their eyes on Tee. Blood was starting to drip from her nose.

"Yeah, I heard a baby," Lucas says to him as Tee managed to get another little whimper from Will. The boy wasn't speaking, so it wasn't obvious it was him.

"What?" Mike asked, confused as to what Lucas was talking about.

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburns' next door," Lucas says to his friend. You could hear the pain in his voice. He wanted to believe Will was alive too, but he couldn't. Pretending he was wasn't gonna make the situation any better.

"Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!" Mike told him, his voice strong. He knew he was right, he knew it. He'd heard his voice.

"Mike..." Lucas tried, the whole thing making him feel worse. He felt like he was losing Mike.

"Lucas, you don't understand," Mike says to them as Tee puts the supercomm down, not able to get a good enough signal.

"He s-spoke earlier," Tee told the two boys who still didn't believe. They both looked at her, kind of shocked that she spoke.

"Words!" Mike added, "He was singing that weird song he loves. Even Tee heard him!"

"Oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then I guess..." Lucas started, making Tee glare at him as Dustin cut him off.

"Are you sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin found himself asking - he wanted to believe, he really did, but he couldn't.

"I don't think it's about that," Mike tells him, "I think, somehow, she's channeling him." Lucas gave him a weird look as Dustin thought - they had powers after all.

"Like like Professor X," Dustin said.

"Yeah," Mike nodded as Dustin smiled, starting to believe. He'd seen those powers himself.