JUMP

Chapter 13: Jump

"What are we supposed to do?" Mike asks the two remaining kids, Dustin and Tee, as they all stand in the junkyard.

"I don't know," Dustin says, "Lucas needs to cool off, and we need to find eleven."

"I can't believe she just ran like that," Mike said, scratching his nose as he moved in closer to Dustin and Tee.

"I can," Tee argues, "you w-were an ass," she snaps at him.

"No I wasn't!" Mike argues back, growing angry himself at what Tee was saying. Eleven hurt Lucas, badly, and he could've been concussed - Mike had the right to yell at her.

"Y-you shouted a-at her!" Tee shouts back at him.

"She made my best friend pass out!" Mike argues.

"B-because you started fuh-fighting Him!" Tee shouts.

"Guys!" Dustin shouts, braking the two up, "you two being little shits isn't helping right now! Cut it out!" He orders them, "we need to go back to Mike's, and think about what to do, okay? We'll find El,
We'll get Lucas back, we just need to calm down."

-

"I just I can't believe she didn't come back," Mike speaks up after an awkward two minutes of silence between Dustin, Tee and himself.

"She's gotta be close," Dustin replies, leaning on the beam behind him.

"She said it wasn't safe," Mike said, stopping in front of the bed Tee and El slept in, "She just messed up the compasses because she wanted to protect us. She didn't betray us."

"Mike, calm down," Dustin spoke calmly, glancing from Mike to Tee. Tee was glaring at him.

"You shouldn't h-have yelled at her," Tee spoke up, glaring at Mike.

"I know, we've discussed this. It was a bad move and I never should've done that," Mike says slowly, as if talking to Tee like a baby - she didn't like it.

"Mike, this isn't your fault," Dustin says, readjusting his cap.

"Yeah, it's Lucas'," Mike nods along with Dustin.

"It wasn't his fault, either," Dustin told him with annoyed eyes.

"wasn't his fault?" Mike asked, becoming slightly angry that no one was taking his side.