A new victim

So, as it turns out, Nancy wheeler is a liar and a fraud. She did not come and pick Tee up, she didn't even come to visit. Eddie was far from happy about it, not having a wink of sleep since knowing about Tee's murderous tendencies, or what he thought was murderous tendencies, she actually wasn't a murderer. She was just a scared young girl who couldn't seem to die.

Or maybe she was dying. Maybe this sickness is what dying was. Maybe it was god finally yelling at her she deserved the rest. She was sick of feeling sick.

Over the last twelve hours her health had taken a rapid decline. She didn't even sit up anymore, just lying down and looking at the sky as Eddie watched, still terrified, but now with growing concern. The coughing was more frequent, and she'd thrown up once, she was pale and sweaty, she looked like a living corpse.

"They talked highly of you," Eddie spoke, the early morning delirium kicking in from a sleepless night, "when they talked of you, that was..."

Tee didn't reply, still staring out of the window, she didn't know who 'they' was, she didn't know these people, the only ones she did know she absolutely hated.

"In our dnd club, Dustin mentioned you from time to time, Mike didn't like it, hurt him a lot," Eddie explained to her as he played with the rings on his fingers.

"What did t-they say?" Tee asked quietly, her voice hoarse from not talking all day.

"Dustin always related you to the characters, talked about how brave you were," Eddie explained, "said you were a girl called El's sister, died in a mall fire."

"It wasn't a fire," Tee chuckled dryly.

"Then what was it?" Eddie asked her, getting up to make himself some food, slightly more relaxed knowing she didn't really have the energy to hurt him.

"There w-was a monster," Tee said quietly, "it w-was trying to hurt them. I saved them! Me!" Tee told him, voice raising as a small tear formed in her eye, "a-and how did they t-thank me? The-they left me to die, o-on my own. N-no one c-came... n-no one helped," the girl was fighting back tears now as Eddie's heart sank slightly for the girl.

"I'm sorry they did that to you," Eddie sympathised with her, "I've been abandoned before, so I get how you feel, at least a little bit."

"T-thank you Eddie..." Tee mumbled, a small sigh falling from her lips.

There was a moment of silence between them, when they heard a car pull up, and a door bang. Eddie rushed over to where Tee was, looking out of the window to see Jason and his man posse with crowbars and an assortment of other weapons all with the target of him. He ducked quickly, his hand accidentally pushing on Tee's shoulder, making her wince.

He jumped off of her, hands out in fear in case she tried to hurt him, but all she did was turn to hold her shoulder.

"Tee," Eddie whispered, "don't wanna alarm you, but it might be time for us to run."

Tee looked at him then, eyes full of confusion as he ducked to the other side of the room, avoiding the windows as he looked for some form of escape plan.

He grabbed his radio, "hey Dustin, you there? It's Eddie. You remember me right?" He spoke through his teeth, anger and fear clear in his voice as Tee tried to sit up, feeling extremely dizzy as he held her breath, "if anyones there, I really think I might be in a bit of trouble here. Okay? Wheeler? Anybody?"