SOON

Chapter 3: Soon

Tee woke up the next morning to Hopper shaking her, "g'morning kid," he said to her as her eyes started to open. She groaned softly. not wanting to wake up - but knew really she could nap as soon as he left.

"Morning," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes and pulling the blanket off of her. She did a quick overview of the room, noticing someone wasn't there, "wh-where's El?"

"She won't come out of her room," Hopper says to Tee with a small sigh of annoyance, "so I guess it's just us for breakfast." He says as he gets up, "Toast okay?"

Tee nods and gets up as Hopper puts three pieces of toast in the toaster; one for Tee, two for him. Both of them sit at the table, Tee slouching in her seat and she looks down at her hands.

"How's law enforcement?" Tee asks, trying to not fall asleep again.

"So interesting," He says sarcastically, "Caught up in a feud between two farmers and their pumpkins."

"A serious business," Tee replies, making Hopper chuckle as the toast came up.

"What d'you want on it," Hopper asks as he puts butter and jam onto his.

"I don't m-mind," Tee mumbles, sipping her water. Hopper puts jam onto hers too, bringing the two plates to the table. It felt weird without El, but the girl was persistent, she wasn't giving up. Hopper had broken his promise, and she wasn't letting him get off easy.

Hopper stares at Tee for a second, before taking a bite of his toast, "mmmm!" He exaggerates, making Tee look over at him, "Good, right? I've always been a toast connoisseur."

When Tee didn't reply, Hopper sighed, "You visited him again last night?" He asks, hinting to mike, "with the uh, frequencies?"

"He says h-he needs me," Tee mumbles, leaning forward so her elbow was on the table. The topic of Mike, while not fresh anymore, was still a very soft subject. She missed him more than anything, she'd broken her promise that he wouldn't lose her again. He didn't even know she was alive.

"Want me to go check on him?" Hopper asks the girl as she takes a bite of her toast. She shakes her head, sighing a little, "I know that you miss him, all right? But it's too dangerous. You're the last thing he needs right now. You're gonna see him. Soon. I feel like I'm making progress with these people."

"Liar," Tee mumbles as she puts her piece of toast down angrily. She was so used to this bullshit, it got to the point where whenever this topic came up, Tee argued with him. She didn't realise that Hopper was trying, but it was hard as he could seem not only suspicious, but like he had them under his care, putting all of them in danger.