EMOTION, NOT LOGIC

Chapter 8: Emotion, not Logic

"You must be an angel, I can see it in your eyes."

It was now half nine at night, and Max and Eleven were doing everything they could to cheer Tee up. As soon as they had got back to the cabin, Tee had broke down completely, telling them everything that had happened. She felt weak, she felt ill, she wondered if it was because of mike, or if it was something worse.

Tee was just lying on El's bed, looking at the ceiling. She didn't want to move, and all she could think about was Mike.

Max stopped when she saw El looking at a page in her magazine with Ralph Macchio on it, it was signed. He was the teen heartthrob of the month. Max kept on mentioning him in virtually every conversation. Partly because he was hot, and partly to annoy Lucas. Either way it was usually funny to watch.

"Ralph Macchio," Max noted with a suggestive smile. Eleven furrowed her eyebrows at the name as Tee let out a sigh.

"Macchio?" El repeated slowly.

"Yeah, he's the Karate Kid," Max nodded as she suddenly did a stupid karate move that made El giggle, "Hai-yah!"

The noise made Tee jump slightly before going back to the position he had been in for hours.

"Do you know who he is, Tee?" Max asked, trying to include Tee into the conversation. In response the girl just shook her head. She felt ill, her body was boiling, but she assumed it was the heat more than anything. She didn't want to move.

"You should take a look at him," Max tells Tee, grabbing the newspaper from el and loving to sit next to Tee. Tee moved her head onto Max's leg to look at the boy in the magazine, "He's so hot. I bet he's an amazing kisser too."

El gave her a weird look at she got up, "drink?" She asked the girls. Max shook her head and refused, and tee just didn't speak, "tee?"

"water, please," Tee mumbled to El, making the girl nod with a worried look on her face as she left the room.

"Your head is so hot on my leg," Max said as she moved some of tee's hair out of her face, "you feeling okay?"

"T-tired," Tee mumbled as her body ached, "my head hurts."

"It's probably from crying," Max tells the girl with a sad smile, "don't worry about it," Max comforted, stroking Tee's hair behind her ear,  "Okay? He'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness."