Chapter 12: Dinner

Pov y/n

Seconds later we are interrupted by Scarlett's phone ringing. Both of us almost jump at the sudden noise since it was quiet before.

She picks up her phone and stands up to answer the call.
While talking, she walks further away into the dining area where I can't really hear her anymore but see her through the windows and the glass door.
But I want to give her her privacy and pull out my own phone.

I avoid Kelly's chat, who is asking me if that's really me in those pictures. Until I talked to Scarlett about who is allowed to know, I won't confirm anything.

I answer my sister who sent me a picture of her and my brother painting my room. I'm not mad one of them will move in there. When I go to visit home, I can sleep on the couch or on an air matrass and I don't plan on moving back there.
Besides, choosing my room to be all purple when I was like eight, wasn't my best choice, considering we never got to overpaint it.
One wall purple would have been enough but oh well.

When Scarlett comes back, she looks slightly annoyed and plumps onto the couch next to me.

"Everything okay?" I ask, a little worried something is wrong. She huffs a little but then sits up and smiles.

"That was my ex-husband. He just told me he will drop off Rose in a few minutes. I love her, I really do, it's just that she was supposed to stay one more night with him and he was gonna drop her off at school tomorrow but now some meeting came along and he can't anymore. I just feel sorry for Rosie because she loves her dad and likes it when he drives her to school after she spent the weekend. I hate when he disappoints her." Scarlett sighs and stays silent for a few more seconds before she gets up.

"Well, can't change that now. I will start making dinner, please stay and eat with us." She requests softly and smiles at me. I look up to her.

"It's okay, I don't want to interrupt your time with Rose. I don't have to stay. Thanks for the offer though." I say and stand up. Scarlett shakes her head.

"You're not interrupting at all. Besides, Rose loves you and will be excited to see you. And I insist, after today and the rumors and everything. I should have told you sooner who I am and that there are paparazzi but I just enjoyed our time too much and was worried it would change after you knew who I am. So please, let me make it up to you in form of a meal." She almost pleads and gives me puppy dog eyes.

My heart immediately melts at that sight, it's adorable and how could I say 'no' to that. I roll my eyes playfully and nod.

"Okay, I will stay." I say with a smile and Scarlett grins and walks backwards into the kitchen.

"You won't regret it. I'm making macaroni and cheese and mine's the best, according to Rose." She tells me proudly before turning around to get started. I follow her and sit at the kitchen aisle.

"Well, I have to tase that myself then." I smirk and Scarlett nods before winking at me.

"Do you mind if I play some music?" She asks and when I give her a gesture that tells her it's okay, she connects her phone to some speakers that seem to be in the ceiling and music starts playing.

I smile when she starts to sway a little while preparing the ingredients. Her movements tell me that she isn't doing this the first time.
She gets a little lost in cooking while I get lost in watching her. Seeing her moving around so freely makes me aware of the fact that she never behaved this free when we were outside, she always was slightly more careful.

The doorbell pulls the both of us out of our zones and Scarlett walks to the door. I hear a silent conversation and the voice of a man and Rose before the door is shut again. I look towards the entrance hallway and hear Rose getting out of her shoes and excitedly telling her mother something.