Chapter 37: Girls night

TW: alcohol

Pov y/n

Rose squeals when Lizzie chases after her and it makes me happy to see her enjoying her time.
Scarlett and I sit on a bench next to the playground and watch the two of them goof around.
Their interaction is adorable and I could watch them play forever. I don't know what they're playing but it seems to contain a lot of running around and climbing around on the playground.

Obviously, I don't know Lizzie very well yet but I can tell she loves Rose so much and has a great time, running around with her. It looks so natural how they goof around as if they never done anything else. I turn to Scarlett, a question having formed in my head.

"Does Lizzie have children?" I ask her and for a second she looks surprised but shakes her head.

"No, she doesn't. Why?" She asks back and turns to face me. I do the same and pull one leg up onto the bench.

"The way she interacts with Rose just looks like she knows how to treat children very well." I explain my thoughts and Scarlett smiles and hums in agreement.

"She does know how to treat and play with children. Maybe it's also because she knows Rose very well and for a long time." Scarlett thinks out loud and I slowly nod, that could be a factor.

"She's Rose's aunt, in some way?" I ask, remembering how Rose called her that and wanting to know more. Scarlett looks over to them and nods, drifting off into memory for a few seconds before turning her attention back to me.

"She's Rose's godmother. I got to know her when we were working on Avengers: Age of Ultron together and we immediately got along great. We ate lunch together a lot of times and would meet on free days. It felt nice having more female actors on set and Lizzie is such a sweet and friendly person, that I liked her from the beginning. During the shooting of this movie, I was pregnant with Rose and whenever I didn't feel good, she was there for me and comforted me. Of course, I have other friends but she felt like the right pick for this position, so I made her Rose's godmother." Scarlett tells me and I smile at the sweet story and remember the movie.
My eyes look over to the two goofballs, who are currently climbing up the slide.

"Since Lizzie is an actress, she wasn't able to visit whenever Rose wanted but she did whenever she could. Especially during and after the divorce, she was there for me and Rose a lot. She helped us through the hard time and I am very thankful for that. Her and Rose are pretty close and whenever she visits, Rose is super excited and wants to spend every day with her. A little while back, they invented the Lizzie-Rose-day, where they would spend a whole day together, doing whatever they please. I don't mind that at all because I know Rose is safe with her and will have a tone of fun. And I get a day to myself, which some times is quite nice. I mean, I love Rose with my whole heart but having a day to myself or to spent with people I like, is also great." Scarlett says and looks back at me. For a second she seems worried that I would judge her for that but when she sees I don't, she relaxes visibly.

"She sounds like a really good friend." I say and the smile on Scarlett's face grows.

"She is and I am so thankful to have her as a friend and godmother for Rose." She agrees and we both look back to Rose and Lizzie.

I turn back and put my foot on the ground again, leaning back against the bench. Scarlett scootes a little closer and intertwines her fingers with mine before leaning her head against my shoulder. The simple action makes my heart beat faster and I smile contently. All it takes to make me happy, is being close to Scarlett and the rest becomes unimportant.

We watch Rose and Lizzie for a while longer until they come running towards us, stopping before running into us. Lizzie looks at our position and a happy smile forms on her lips. Rose pants from all the running and sits down next to Scarlett.