Chapter 84: Anniversary

A/n: Surprise update because it's Scarlett's birthday and as a thank you for 200k reads :D

Pov y/n

It's Saturday, the 15th of April, which means that it's been six months since Scarlett asked me to be her girlfriend.

I am excited for today, especially for tonight because Lizzie will pick up Rose around 5 pm for a sleep over, which means that Scarlett and I get the house to ourselves.

I don't have anything special planned, because I just arrived here yesterday and had no clue what you can do around here.
But I did buy a present for her, just a small one since it's our six-month anniversary and not a year.

It's a little keychain with a picture of Rose and I.
I bought it yesterday when we were shopping because back in New York I didn't have that much time with Rose after coming up with the idea.
The picture is really adorable, we purposefully went to a photographer for it and I let Rose help me pick which one the best is.
We settled on the one where we're both laughing into the camera because Lizzie almost tripped over a wire on the ground.

It looks so natural and just adorable. Lizzie really liked my idea and agreed that it is a good present for six months. Rose didn't understand why her mom got a present and she didn't and no matter how much I tried to explain it, she didn't understand and pointed out that she liked me even before her mom and I became girlfriends, so she deserves something too.

I couldn't argue with that and when I went to a store to buy Scarlett some chocolate, I also bought a chocolate lollipop for Rose to give to her today.
She wanted to see Scarlett's reaction to the present as well, so I agreed on giving it to Scar when Rose is still there.

I'm already up, making pancakes and coffee, so Scarlett can wake up to the smell of breakfast in the house.
When she pads into the kitchen, she smiles widely when she detects me making breakfast.

She makes her way over to me and I smile at her, before turning my attention back onto the pancakes, so they won't burn.
Her arms wrap around my waist and she rests her chin on my shoulder, watching as I pour new batter into the pan. She softly kisses my neck a few times and holds me a bit tighter.

"Happy six months, angel." She mumbles against my skin and I feel the butterflies in my stomach rise, putting one hand over hers on my stomach.

"Happy six months, cuddle bug." I reply and turn my head to peck her lips. She almost pouts at me.

"That doesn't count as a real kiss." She says and I chuckle, pulling the pan off the stove before turning around in her arms and cupping her face.

Her eyes start to sparkle at the action. I lean forward and kiss her softly, moving my lips in perfect sync with hers. Her hands hold onto my back, pulling me a little more into her as her tongue licks over my bottom lip.
I part my lips for her and greet her tongue happily. The kiss stays soft and sweet and I pour all my feelings into it, feeling Scarlett doing the same.
A little breathlessly, we pull away and I rest my forehead against hers.

"That's better." She whispers and I smile a little before nudging her nose with mine.

"It was." I agree and kiss her cheek before turning back around to continue the pancakes.
She stays close to me, hugging me from behind and watching me make pancakes.

When I am done, I turn the stove off and just in that moment, we hear little footsteps approach the kitchen and a few seconds later, Rose appears in the kitchen with a big smile.

"Good morning." She exclaims and rounds the kitchen isle. Scarlett scoops her up to give her a good morning hug and a kiss.

"Good morning, my little sunshine." She says and Rose smiles at the affection before reaching out for me. I take her while Scarlett starts to set the table.