Chapter 45: Warm enough*

TW: Smut

Pov y/n

The shower does feel good and I feel my body warming up again. Until now I didn't really realize how cold I was but feeling the hot water running over my body definitely is a contrast to the feeling before.
I hurry up a little because I'm looking forward to cuddling with Scarlett.

Since I didn't take fresh clothes with me into the bathroom, I wrap a towel around my body and tug it in before stepping out of my bathroom.
A smile curls on my lips when I slowly walk into my kitchen and see Scarlett in my clothes, humming something to herself while making hot chocolate in my kitchen.

She is so in her world, that she doesn't even notice me, so I just enjoy watching her dance around carefree in my kitchen.
This feels right, seeing her free and happy in my apartment or her house, doing casual things as if we were living together.

I haven't really thought about moving in together but this right now doesn't feel like the right moment, so I push that thought away and continue to watch her.

When she twirls around, making me smile, she notices me and jumps a little before stopping and blushing.
"I am making us hot chocolate." She explains and points to the empty cups. I hum and approach her.

"I can see that and you look adorable by the way." I reply and cup her face to give her a soft kiss. She returns it and smiles into the kiss.
When I pull away, her cheeks are still a little flushed but I'm not sure if it's from being caught dancing around or from kissing.

"Are you all warm again?" She asks and eyes me up and down, seemingly just now noticing that I'm only wearing a towel. A tiny smirk forms on her lips.

"I am and I feel better now." I agree and she smiles before stroking my cheek and returning to the hot chocolate.

I leave her alone in the kitchen and walk into my living room, picking out some clean clothes from my laundry basket. The purpose of it actually isn't to live out of it but right now it's quicker than going upstairs.

I put on a slip and decide to not care for a bra and choose sweatpants and a shirt that I pull over myself after putting on the sweats. When I turn around to Scarlett, I see her watching me, pouting a little bit.

"What's wrong, baby?" I ask and put the basket behind the couch so we can sit on it.

"Why did you turn around to change?" She asks, still pouting like a child that didn't got candy but it's adorable.
I chuckle and walk over to her. The hot chocolate is in the cups now and ready for us to take to the living room.

"You would have liked to see me change, hm?" I ask, a slight tease in my tone and she nods, pouting even more.
I smile at her adorableness and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her a little into me.
Her hands almost automatically find the back of my neck and she plays with the hairs that fell out of my towel that's around my hair.

"But I didn't get to see you change either." I make a point and tug a little on my shirt. She purses her lips and narrows her eyes a little before huffing a little.

"I guess that's a fair argument." She agrees but still pouts, so I lean closer and peck her lips a few times until the pout is gone and I can kiss her properly. She returns it and as always my heart flutters a little at the feeling of her lips on mine.

"How about we drink that chocolate and cuddle?" I offer and nod towards the living room. Scar nods and lets go of me to grab the cups while I prepare the couch, grabbing a blanket to cuddle into.

She puts the cups onto the coffee table and falls down next to me, cuddling into my side. I wrap one arm around her, needing the other one to drink. I play with the upper hem of my shirt and kiss her temple.