Chapter 14: Moving day

Pov y/n 

The rest of the week is calm and goes as usual. Work goes well and Jesse gets really excited for me when I tell him that I got an apartment.
He offers to buy me a coffee in celebration but I decline with a smile and we settle for a hug.

Jesse and I pretty much have our routine while working at the coffeeshop and we both know our tasks and I have to say, that I really like that. It's less stressful and we split the work equally.

The shifts at the aquarium are also good and I love being a tour guide and feeding the animals.
Steph is always there if I have a question and I start to feel very comfortable there as well.

Scarlett and I text a few times during those days but nothing much. I did tell her though that I got an apartment, she was happy for me and asked when I will move over there. I told her Saturday, which seemed quite far away then but now that it is Saturday, it did come pretty fast.
I packed all my stuff yesterday and even though this room was just a short time solution, it kinda hurts to leave it now.

With my backpack and suitcase packed, I take the elevator down to the lobby one last time to check out. My phone vibrates and I take a look at it to see that Scarlett texted me.

Scarlett: If you want to, I can pick you up with a car to move you to your new apartment.

Y/n: Thank you for the offer, but I have to go buy sheets and towels after I brought my stuff there.

Scarlett: Alright, but I want to see your new apartment and so does Rose. Is there any chance we can come over at some point? :D

I chuckle a little at my phone and get this warm feeling in my chest again that I always get when I talk to Scarlett.

Y/n: Yes, if you want to, you can come over tonight and I will make dinner for us and return the favor from a week ago. XD

Scarlett: Sounds great, I can't wait.

Y/n: Is Rose allergic to anything that I should be aware of?

Scarlett: Nope, no allergies luckily.

Y/n: Alright, see you tonight, I'll text you the time later.

Scarlett: Okay, see you then :D

I put my phone away and arrive at the lobby. The woman behind the counter smiles at me as I walk up to her and place the key on the counter.
After a short exchange, she takes the key and I pay for the nights I stayed here and make my way out of the hotel.

Well, that's it, I now officially live in New York, in my own apartment and not a hotel anymore.

The way to my new apartment isn't too far and after a little while I arrive there. The owner awaits me and hands me over the key before wishing me a good moving day and taking off again.

Excitement washes over me as I carry my luggage upstairs and open my apartment for the very first time.
Even though it's exactly the same as it was when I last saw it, it feels different now. Maybe because I know that this is now my home.
I smile at that and close the door behind me, bringing my suitcase into the middle of the living room and setting the backpack down on the couch.

I stretch my arms out and spin a few times, taking in my new home. Living here will be exciting.

I take my suitcase upstairs since I put all my clothes in there to easily transfer it to the closet now.
In my backpack are other essentials that either belong into the bathroom or can be spread around the apartment.
While I unpack my suitcase, I start humming a song that has been kinda stuck in my head since this morning.