Chapter 49: Thanksgiving and jealousy

Pov y/n

The next day I wake up in a great mood, excited to spend my day with Rose, Scarlett and some of her friends. Even though it has only been two day, I already miss her and Rose and can't wait to see them again. Somehow they always make my day better, no matter how long I see them or what we do.

My thoughts are interrupted when Flo stretches next to me and I look at her with a smile. She returns it and yawns.

"Happy Thanksgiving." She mumbles and fully opens her eyes now.

"Happy Thanksgiving." I reply and after a few more seconds, I get up to get dressed. Since we're not doing anything fancy, I decided on a simple hoodie and jeans.

I prepare breakfast while Flo is in the shower and she thanks me when she comes back. She also decided on some simple clothes and we eat our breakfast while talking about the upcoming day.
We're both getting more and more excited and when we both seem to almost explode, we decide to just go to Scarlett's now. I send her a quick text, to let her know where on our way and she sends back a thumbs up.

Not long after, we arrive and I smile when I see that the birthday crown drawing on the front gate is replaced by a turkey drawing. Rose really did her best to help decorate as it seems.

We are buzzed in and are greeted by a Rose who bolts towards us to stand behind us and use us as a shield. I look at her confused before I see Lizzie running towards us, clearly chasing after Rose.
Lizzie greets Flo and me quickly before trying to reach behind us to get to Rose.

The girl squeals and hides further behind Flo and me. When Flo gives up being a shield, to get out of her shoes, Rose stands behind me.
She giggles, watching Lizzie's attempt to get her. I hold my hands behind my back to protect Rose, making Lizzie playfully glare at me.

"Truce, I need to get out of my shoes." I offer and hold up my hands. Lizzie thinks about it for a few seconds before nodding and I slowly bend down to get out of my shoes. When Lizzie is distracted by something Flo says, I take Rose's hand and we run into the living room.

"Hey, unfair!" Lizzie exclaims and chases us. Rose and I giggle, running around the couch to escape Lizzie. When she comes to a halt, we do the same and grin at her.

"You don't even know what she did." Lizzie points out with a laugh and nods towards Rose who grins up at me.

"I don't have to, I'll always have her back." I easily reply and Rose's grin becomes even wider at my words. Lizzie huffs a little but smiles.

"She stole cake frosting, three times." She lets me know and Rose giggles. I look down at her.

"Three times?" I ask and for a second Rose seems unsure about my reaction.

"Without getting caught?" I ask proudly and Rose beams up at me when I high five her for that. Lizzie shakes her head disapprovingly but chuckling.

"Partners in crime then?" She asks and gestures between us and I nod.

"Always." I answer and Rose cheers at my words. Lizzie narrows her eyes and slowly nods while seeming to think about something.

"Well, two criminals need two officers." She mumbles and looks around. I don't take my eyes off her, wanting to be ready in case she starts running again. Rose bounces up and down next to me, having way too much fun with this game.

I take her hand to be ready and when Lizzie starts to round the couch, Rose and I run into the other direction. For a second I am irritated by the smirk on Lizzie's face but when a pair of arms wraps around my body, I understand why.