Chapter 74: Valentine's Day

Pov y/n

It's February 14th, Valentine's Day.

Every store has at least one big heart in their window and during the last few days, everywhere I looked I saw hearts. When I took a walk through the park today, I saw a lot and I really mean a lot of couples. They sat on a bench, cuddling a bit or kissing, or went for a walk while holding hands. I even watched someone propose.

So, to sum it up, whole New York seems to be struck by amor's love arrow. I don't have anything against love, I actually love it but it does sting a little in my heart that everyone seems to be with their sweetheart while mine is across country.

Brooke was cute and brought little chocolate hearts with her to work today. She handed them out to us and it made me really happy. And so did the message I received from Scarlett today, wishing me a 'happy Valentine's Day'. I wished her one as well and for a few minutes we texted but then she had to go to shoot a scene.

It's better than nothing but it is still hard. I miss her like crazy and we still weren't able to call. She sent me a voice message last night, telling me a little about her day and I won't lie, I listened to it on repeat, just to hear her voice. Call me cheesy or a simp but it made me happy to hear her voice.

I also went to her house yesterday to start working on the treehouse.
It was weird to be there all by myself because usually either Scar or Rose were with me but yesterday I was all alone.
I started by sorting the different woods and marking them on where they will go. It already took me a while and I didn't do much more, also because it was really cold and I felt like my face was freezing off.

I sigh a little and watch people walking by down in the street. All of them wear thick jackets, scarfs, gloves and hats because the temperature dropped a lot since yesterday.
The blue of the sky isn't visible anymore because huge clouds hide it. It wouldn't surprise me if it would snow in the next few days. It would definitely not melt because the ground is pretty much frozen by now.

I had to learn that the hard way, slipping on my way to work and falling onto my butt. I tried to keep myself from falling down but just ended up hitting my elbow as well.

Usually, I really like the winter season. It's cozy because you can snuggle into a hoodie and under a blanket. You can have hot chocolate and watch movies all night without anyone having anything against it.
And the best part: you get to cuddle a lot with your partner.
But therefore they have to be with you, which mine isn't.

I didn't think it'd be this hard to be away from her but it is. It sounds very dramatic, I know and I also know it'll get a little easier after some time but right now, it's hard.

With another sigh, I turn away from the window and unwrap myself from the blanket I was wearing around my shoulders, letting it drop onto the sofa. My apartment is only dimly lit because otherwise the light reflects too much in the windows and I can't look outside as good.
I clean my kitchen a little more before going to the bathroom and doing my nighttime routine.

It's 9:30 pm right now and I know I won't go to sleep now but I like to snuggle into bed and read a little or be on my phone. That reminds me, I have to answer my sibling's messages. They sent me pictures of the frozen lake that apparently is even more frozen than it was at Christmas. Now it's officially allowed to go ice skating on it, even in the middle where the ice usually is thinner.

I lay into bed after propping my pillow up, so I can comfortably lean against it.
I smile at the pictures they sent and look through my gallery until I find some that I can send them, one being from the trip to the zoo two days ago.
We text for a little while before they say goodnight and go offline. I put my phone down and grab the book I am currently reading.