Chapter 55: Birthday

A/n: I just posted the first chapter of a new story, so feel free to check it out. It's a professor x student story with Natasha  ;)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/323084248?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=story_info&wp_page=story_details_button&wp_uname=Just_writing_a_bit&wp_originator=b%2BkbneAXFIU2xyckfHB8IIBlznU7Qwt%2F4XspU5j17MS033rxdxKpILKH4sb0%2Fl8lBEYgb9TXnL67Ek42t4jPradtPA%2FnteEOW8JqEKLi01osf0IK%2BZG0W8Wwl8GpmXim

Pov y/n

After turning off the alarm on my phone, I let my head fall back into the pillow and a little smile creeps onto my face.
Today's my birthday. It's not really anything special but the thought does make me smile, or maybe it's the thought of Scarlett and Rose coming to my place later this day, I don't know.

Suddenly my phone starts to ring and I am a little startled, who would call me this early in the morning?
I pick up my phone and am surprised to see it's Scarlett. Worried, something might happened, I take the call. But before I can say anything, she already cheers.

"Happy birthday, angel!" She says, her voice still a little raspy from her sleep but her mood apparently great. A wide smile appears on my face.

"Thank you, baby." I reply and lay back again.

"How does it feel to be 26?" She asks and I hear the smile in her voice.

"You should know, you've been there yourself." I tease a little and she huffs and I can see how she rolls her eyes at that comment.

"Do you feel old yet?" She ignores my comment, making me chuckle a little.

"Not really. Although I liked the age 25, it's such a nice number." I answer and hear her giggle a little.

"What's so great about 25?" She asks softly.

"Well, my favorite number is five and there's one in there, so that's a win. And to top it off, five times five equals 25. It's just my favorite number multiplied with itself, so how couldn't it be great?" I explain and Scar starts to laugh, which makes me grin a little, her laugh just makes me happy.

"You're a dork sometimes, but you're my dork and I love that about you." She says when her laugh dies down and my heart warms up at her words.

"I love you too." I reply.
"Why are you already awake? Don't you have like half an hour before you need to wake up and get you and Rose ready for school?" I ask and sit up because I need to get ready myself.

"I do but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday right after you wake up." She explains and my heart melts a little at her words.

"You are the sweetest, do you know that?" I say and get up, placing my phone between my ear and my shoulder while I pick out an outfit.

"I won't argue about this because it is your birthday, so thank you, baby." She replies and I chuckle a little.

"What are your plans for today?" I ask while taking my clothes and going downstairs.

"I'll drop off Rose at school, then I probably will run some errands and get a coffee in between." She tells me and if I was with her, I am a hundred percent sure, she would wink at me right now.

"So, I should expect you coming by today?" I ask, getting her hint.

"Mhm, after all, it's your birthday and I won't wait until tonight to see you." She answers and I smile, dropping off my clothes in the bathroom.

"Alright, then I guess we'll see each other at the coffeeshop today." I say and she hums in agreement.

"I'm afraid I got to go, bug." I say and she makes a whiney sound.