Chapter 53: Cookies and skates

Pov y/n

As expected, there were articles about us the next few days, underlined with the pictures the paparazzi took.
I didn't read them, Scarlett just told me about them because she got a call from her management. Those articles don't say anything bad, they're just speculating how Scar's and my relationship is going.
Luckily, Rose's face isn't seen in any of those pictures.

We don't know if it's because she hid her face and I put my hand in front of it or because there were none taken when she could be seen.
It doesn't really matter though because all that matters is that her face isn't posted in the media.

After we arrived home, I carried her inside and we just had a calm rest of the day where we cuddled on the couch and played some games with Rose.
Before we brought her to bed, we talked about what happened and that it's okay that she felt scared and overwhelmed and that we will do our best to protect her from reporters and paparazzi.

Scarlett thanked me for taking care of Rose and comforting her when she needed it. We said goodnight after that and I went to go back home since I had work the next day.

The thought of paparazzi and reporters didn't leave my mind the next few days and the longer I thought about it, the more it annoyed me that those people ignore the privacy of celebrities and their families.
It makes me worry about Rose and I texted Scarlett a few times if Rose was okay and she was.
Scarlett said it's not the first time, Rose had to go through that and that she just needed a bit time to calm down and that it's as good as forgotten now.

It's not just the flashing lights and the many people for her, it's also the element of surprise that scares her. Apparently, Rose doesn't mind to go to smaller events with her mother, where also a lot of photographs are.
But during those events, Rose isn't the main focus and when Scarlett walks over the carpet to take pictures, Rose was always with someone who watched her.

I still feel angry towards those paparazzi last Sunday because they scared the little nugget and I could tell that if we were around them just a bit longer, Rose would have started to cry and I don't like that at all.
Scarlett calmed me down a little when we talked over the phone and when she came in on Wednesday and told me that it makes her angry as well but we can't change it now and only try our best to protect Rose if it happens again, I let it go as good as possible.

That was during the week, now it's Saturday and we have a nice day together planned.
Scarlett and I are still in bed, half asleep as she cuddles into me, kissing my neck every once in a while.
My arm is wrapped around her and I stroke her back.
It's a very calm moment that we both enjoy a lot until we can hear footsteps in the floor and shortly after, the bedroom door is being opened and Rose comes to jump onto the bed.

It doesn't seem to bother her at all that Scarlett and I sleep in the same bed, the first time she noticed it, she just nodded and accepted it.

A bit air is pressed out of my lungs when she flops down onto Scarlett and me and I see Scarlett now fully waking up. She pulls her arm from under Rose, that was hugging my middle and wraps it around her daughter, so she won't fall off.

"Good morning, sunshine." I say and Rose beams at me.

"Good morning, Mama." She says back and sits up on my stomach.
My hands come to a rest on her hips to keep her in place and Scarlett lets go of her and stretches a little before sitting up against the headboard. She ruffles Rose's hair.

"How did you sleep, sweetheart?" She asks and Rose looks at her with a wide smile.

"Super good and I had a dream where gnomes were running around the city and stealing Christmas trees. But me and some other plants came to their rescue and we fought off the gnomes and put them in a magical prison." Rose tells us and I raise my eyebrows at her crazy dream. Scar laughs a little.