Chapter 58: Train and family meeting

Pov y/n

The rattling of the train is even as I walk back to my seat. I smile at the sight, Rose has her action figures out and holds two in her hands, Scarlett holding two other ones as they play something.

"You shouldn't have done that." Rose says and wiggles around her Black Widow figure. "Now you will pay."

She starts to attack one of the figures in Scarlett's hands and Scarlett fights back the best she can. It's chaotic and I can't even say who is beating who up at this point but they both seem to have fun and that's all that matters.

I sit down opposite of Rose and she quickly smiles at me before going back to playing. While leaning back, I am happy to be in the train with Scar and Rose, especially after the morning was a bit stressful.

We already had most of the stuff packed and were ready to go.
I stayed over, so we could drive to the train station together and their apartment is also closer. But after breakfast, Rose suddenly came running to Scar and I while we packed the last few things, her eyes red and a bit puffy, tears falling down her face.

Both, Scarlett's and mine attention immediately went to Rose, who sobbed and hugged her mom. We tried to understand what's the matter but Rose wasn't able to tell us between sobs.
Once we calmed her down, she wiped her eyes and told us her favorite stuffed animal, Mr. Mouve, is missing and that she can't go without it.
A bit of relief washed over me because I was worried it was something bigger, not that this wasn't big for her.

We helped her search her room for quite a while, until we found it, in Rose's backpack where she put him last night so she wouldn't forget him at home.
Due to that and the driver taking a bit longer, we were running late and almost missed our train. The train station was very full since a lot of people probably wanted to go somewhere for Christmas.

We were able to fit everything into two suitcases, also because I still have some things back at home, so I didn't need as much as the other two.
Rose also has a backpack with her toys and things to entertain her during the train ride. Scarlett has a bag as well, where all our important things like money and phones are in, as well as books to entertain us.

Luckily, we booked seats along with the tickets, so we for sure would have somewhere to sit. I don't even want to imagine what it would be like to have to stand or sit in the corridors.
But now it's all calm and Scar and Rose seem relaxed.

I rest my head against my seat and look out of the window, I'm excited to go back home. It only has been almost five months since I left but still, I miss my family and the calmness of a town.
New York is great and all but it's always so busy and rushed.
My Mom already texted me that she took care of the sleeping arrangement and can't wait to meet Scarlett and Rose.

I am also looking forward to that because this is my first relationship in quite a long time and the last time I introduced a girlfriend to my parents, Dad was still alive and I was a teenager, now I am an adult.
Scarlett seems to be relaxed about the whole 'meeting the family' thing, I mean, I already know my Mom and siblings will love her, no doubt.

My brother might freak out a little since he is a Marvel fan and, of course, knows who Scarlett Johansson is.
So far, he played it cool but I have a feeling that might change, when he meets her in real life.

Rose also seems to be calm about it. She was only worried that Santa might not find her, since she's not in New York but I assured her, that he found our town every year and will find her too. That seemed to have eased her.
I know, Scar taught her a bit more about Hanukkah over the past few days and Rose seemed to understand it but for now we keep the whole Santa act up.