Chapter 73: Zoo

Pov y/n

The first week was hard, especially since I got used to seeing Scarlett every day. It felt a little weird to be all alone in my apartment and it was so quiet.
At Scar's there was always at least the smallest bit of sound, even if it was just the clicking of her laptop or the silent rustle of the blanket or the sound of her turning a page in her book.
But here in my apartment, it's silent, if the noises from outside aren't counted.

I don't have a problem with silence, it's just unusual.
My closet is also unusually full again because I brought back everything I had at Scarlett's, which was more than I had in mind but it made me smile how some of my shirts just went over into her closet.

After Rose's dad picked her up last week, I stood there for a few more minutes and let it sink in that Scarlett really is gone now. That sounds like she's dead, no she's 'only' across the country but either way she isn't here.
When I felt tears in my eyes, I quickly grabbed a tissue and wiped my eyes before going upstairs and grabbing my clothes. It felt strange to be in here, in our bedroom when she isn't here with me. I couldn't help myself and took one of her hoodies as well and it made me smile that it still smells like her, even though it is washed.

The rest of the weekend, I spent calmly, running some errands and finally getting all settled in my apartment, so now everything is where it belongs and my cupboards are filled.
After a few hours, I got a message from Scarlett, telling me she arrived safely. We texted a little more until she had to go.

On Sunday, I went to the pool to swim and distract myself. Maybe I got a little too soaked up in our bubble, so my goal for the next few days or weeks is to find a routine for myself.

Monday and Tuesday were pretty much the same. I went to work and after that I cooked dinner and went outside to take a walk or stroll through the streets.

Wednesday was a little different because we got the information from our boss, that we will have scheduled diving and swimming lessons, to prepare us for diving trips and ensuring we are safe. I was pretty excited about that and I only got a little bumped out by the fact that the training will be inside a pool and not the ocean but I will be diving either way.

The organization will pay for the lessons. It's been a while since I dove with a bottle, if you don't count the short trips in the aquarium because that was not very challenging, at least for me.
So, I am looking forward to the diving lessons. The swimming lessons are to train us, so we won't be exhausted once we dived down and don't have enough energy left to come back up. It fits pretty well because I wanted to go swimming more regularly and now I don't even have to pay for it. The lessons will vary a little in time but we try to have them on Fridays.

On Thursday, I went out with Brooke after work, just strolling around a bit and grabbing a tea while talking a bit. She is really nice and we get along great.

Scarlett and I have been texting a little during the week but she already told me, that the first week is always the busiest because there are a lot of meetings and dinners she has to attend to, so we weren't really able to call, which is a little sad but totally understandable.

On Friday, I could sleep in a little and still had time before I needed to go to work because it started later since we had our first diving training later that day and got the time off in the morning. I used that time to take the subway to Brooklyn and visit the coffeeshop and Jesse. He was super happy to see me and made me my favorite coffee that I had many times before while working there.

He told me about the new coworker when it was a little emptier and they seem to work pretty well together. When I asked him about his relationship, he excitedly told me that his boyfriend moved in and for a while talked about how it is so different but in a good way. After that he asked about me and Scarlett and assured me that we will find our routine and will have calls soon.